Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Humans will never understand the universe

Started by brian334, December 30, 2008, 03:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian334

Trino,
Some people accept the notion that we will always be able to ask more questions about the universe than we will be able to answer.
Other people make up junk science to explain things they will never understand.

vonwolf

I think its the journey that's important, there is allways more to learn. Keep a open mind and ask questions we may never find answers to every thing but we will find things that will advance our search. Close your mind to new thoughts and think you have nothing more to learn and that's when your guaranteed to loose.
  But then again what do I know?         
  Pete

Trino Cularoid

Quote from: vonwolf on December 31, 2008, 02:52:51 PMBut then again what do I know?

Always more than you think you do -- because as soon as you learn about how much you know you just increased your knowledge by that amount. And since this is recursive without (known?) bound...  ;D

[Only true if you don't take a holistic approach where you are part of the whole that knows everything.]

brian334

Trino,
I am not saying as time goes by we humans will not learn more about the universe. What I am saying is what we learn about the universe will be based on what we observed in the universe.
We still will not understand the big picture.

Trino Cularoid

Brian, I think I understand your point. I'm just playing around how I can look at things differently in a constructive manner. With maybe more than just two choices (infinite number if I can twist it that way ;D). Like going from digital to analog. Thanks for starting a thought-provoking topic (at least for me). A Happy New Year!