Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Timing and Hydrogen ICE fuel

Started by magifesq, January 06, 2009, 02:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magifesq

Quote from: Dave45 on January 08, 2009, 06:55:07 PM
@Hydro-Cell
   I believe it was in the Colorado videos Stanley Meyers said that the burn rate of hydrogen or hydroxy could be slowed by mixing with ambient air,slowed to the burn rate of gasoline. That could be whats happening with your gens.

Do you have a link?

Hydro-Cell

hi all

my engine doesnt use hho, its pure hydrogen.  This hydrogen is burnt with air at a ratio of 80:1. This keeps the engine cooler and the timing almost the same as petrol. the downfall as said before by creativity is that you loose power.  this is correct.  but in my opinion without doing tests its not a massive amount. the engine was designed for a 4kva generator with this generator attached the engine would put out near 1kva when the load was increased it cut out. This is due to the fat there is no regulation in fuel so as the generator needs to put out more power it has a lack of fuel to do so.  I have since fitted an lpg carburettor which works using airflow as the airflow increases due to the requirement of more power it will allow more fuel.  this worked reasonably well. not great but it was an achievment.

the engine is being fitted onto a go-kart chassis and from this i hope to find ot various results. i hope this could be a step in the right direction for hydrogen on demand powered cars.

jadaro2600

Hydrogen is highly reactive - what, in all the designs that I've seen, do they do to stop the freshly made hho to h20 from rusting the inside of the engine?

I think that we'll see that oil is a necessity for engines, regardless of hho or gas, or diesel, etc.  Perhaps loosing the internal combustion aspects and going back to the steam engine would make more sense!  Or dropping the engines down to the hit-or-miss style of engines used in farm equipment back in the early 1900's.

Consider the sterling cycle engine, rather than combusting the hho, simply burn it in its entirety in a chamber and reclaim the water; use a sterling engine to generate motion..or co-motion, as an assitive technology.

I swear, ICE's get so damn hot as it is.  The idea with HHO is that you have a watervapor to HHO ratio that doesn't cause massive explosions - those ceramic disk foggers might do the trick.  It needs to be an HHO mist. with a ratio capable of detonation and possibly a higher voltage spark to ensure coverage.

magifesq

Quote from: Dave45 on January 09, 2009, 09:04:13 PM
could have been maybe watch the vids, never believe check it out whatever it is.

We're both correct - he describes the exhaust as 'ambient air' around the flame as it burns.

magifesq

Quote from: jadaro2600 on January 10, 2009, 11:06:05 AM
Hydrogen is highly reactive - what, in all the designs that I've seen, do they do to stop the freshly made hho to h20 from rusting the inside of the engine?
*Nothing is necessary @ 2400+ degrees in the combustion chamber it goes out of the engine as a super-heated vapor and returns to steam @ the tailpipe.

I think that we'll see that oil is a necessity for engines, regardless of hho or gas, or diesel, etc.  Perhaps loosing the internal combustion aspects and going back to the steam engine would make more sense!  Or dropping the engines down to the hit-or-miss style of engines used in farm equipment back in the early 1900's.
*Maybe you're right...is synthetic oil a modified petroleum or something completely different?  I would think there would be a way to create a type of non-foaming soap style lubricant to replace oil, as far as engine design, with the push for electric vehicles, it will probably only be a matter of time before ICEs are outlawed regardless of the fuel source.

Consider the sterling cycle engine, rather than combusting the hho, simply burn it in its entirety in a chamber and reclaim the water; use a sterling engine to generate motion..or co-motion, as an assitive technology.

I have a friend who campaigned for that very thing, He's a got a PHD in engineering just a couple states away.

I swear, ICE's get so damn hot as it is -
*yeah, Stanley Meyer re-introduced the exhuast mainly to use the CO2 as an inert gas and regulate the temperature. 
The idea with HHO is that you have a watervapor to HHO ratio that doesn't cause massive explosions - those ceramic disk foggers might do the trick. 
*Not sure where you get that from - HHO is just h2 and 0 from elecrolysis. 
It needs to be an HHO mist. with a ratio capable of detonation and possibly a higher voltage spark to ensure coverage.
*I've totally removed the upper 'arm' from the electrode of my spark plugs in my truck - difficult to start until the HHO his the combustion chamber then comes right to life.

I hope these answers help fill in some gaps for you.