Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Timing and Hydrogen ICE fuel

Started by magifesq, January 06, 2009, 02:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Creativity

Quote from: magifesq on January 06, 2009, 11:57:38 PM
Good Reading.  I'm sure you're correct that these efi/ecu setups are more complicated to adapt than carburetor cdi setups.  I'll make a system to fit my Honda VT1100 and work the timing from the pulse coil to see how much the bike is affected by the HHO gas.  I know this - after the spark plug gap modification my truck will not start or run without the hydrogen, however when I unplug the fuel rail sub harness the whole truck dies.  Is there perhaps a safety device in the fuel system or the electronics that shuts the whole engine down if unplugged or if too much pressure is in the lines?

can u explanin what is sub harness? sorry but english is not my mother tongue, so i don't get what u exacly r disconnecting.
Blues it through your outstanding life,leaving more than just footsteps behind (1999 B-stok by me).

By being intensively responsive to what others say,i do run a risk: I open myself up to the opinions of others.i will,at times, have a great understanding for their opinion.Sometimes,i will even change my own opinion because i realize that the other person is right.This "risk" i do not run if i am unresponsive to what others say.

Creativity

@Hydro-Cell
My car runs on LPG and so did other ones i had.U r describing some first or second generation system with expander warmed up by engine cooling liquid and intake mixer(like Lavato is producing in Italy).Yep it is suitable for HHO but the volumetric effiecncy of the ICE goes down because of the mixer venturi restriciton in the intake and gaseous fuel replacing the intake air.Nice about HHO is that  it actually carries its own oxygen so the volumetric efficiency can be compensated.Straight hydrogen will not have this option.

But to the point.
Generator u r describing is designed to operate in quasi stationary state.It would surprise me if it has any vacuum(load) or rpm ignition advancement/retardation mechanism.That is why u have no problem with just adjusting static ignition,but any modern engine made for varying speeds and loads has an advancement curve for ignition timing in function or rpm and throttle position(or indirectly via vacuum in intake manifold).
May it be by mechanical springs with counterweights or programmed in the ignition maps.It makes it logical that u need to adjust this characteristics for stechiometric hydrogen burning with its much higher combustion speeds.Howewer if u come to the lean enough burning, u may get away with what u have at the factory,but punished with low power of the ICE...i don't think it makes much sense to ride at 1/3 of the rated power as opposed to remapping and enjoying what u can get out of it.

I took a moment to dig through all of ur other posts around this forum.I am not sure if u r using AFR in volume or by mass and whenever it is according to air or oxygen.Seems to me u use fuel to air ration in calculations for gasoline by volume.And for hydrogen by volume related to air/sometmes oxygen.I got confused.I made calculations on this forum already for stechiometric hydrogen in air and HHO in air burrning in ICE.

If ur engine runs ok ,it would say to me u r running lean ,so it makes burning much slower than stechiometric and close to the normal gasoline burning time.

PS: provide a false signal in the lambda socked,otherwise ur CPU will jump to error state.U can buy some of lambda emulators at LPG instalation stations or from the producent.It was a common trick in early LPG injection systems to fool CPU(many authorised instalators just cut the wire through and gasoline operation was problemsatic...yeah that is calle THE service  ;D).
Blues it through your outstanding life,leaving more than just footsteps behind (1999 B-stok by me).

By being intensively responsive to what others say,i do run a risk: I open myself up to the opinions of others.i will,at times, have a great understanding for their opinion.Sometimes,i will even change my own opinion because i realize that the other person is right.This "risk" i do not run if i am unresponsive to what others say.

Dave45

@Hydro-Cell
   I believe it was in the Colorado videos Stanley Meyers said that the burn rate of hydrogen or hydroxy could be slowed by mixing with ambient air,slowed to the burn rate of gasoline. That could be whats happening with your gens.

magifesq

Ambient Air, I thought it was CO2 from the exhaust?

Dave45

could have been maybe watch the vids, never believe check it out whatever it is.