Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

An other buoyancy based idea

Started by Gravitator, January 11, 2009, 05:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hansvonlieven

Good on you Gravitator,

If you have any questions that you need to talk over with someone feel free to contact me. I'll be happy to help with your studies.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

Gravitator

Quote from: hansvonlieven on January 13, 2009, 02:05:20 AM
Good on you Gravitator,

If you have any questions that you need to talk over with someone feel free to contact me. I'll be happy to help with your studies.

Hans von Lieven

Thank you :) I have one. I this pictures there are two nuts. In first picture nuts are in balance and in second picture
one nut is in water and it don't touch the glass at all. Why does this change the balance ?

TinselKoala

Quote from: Gravitator on January 13, 2009, 06:32:06 AM
Thank you :) I have one. I this pictures there are two nuts. In first picture nuts are in balance and in second picture
one nut is in water and it don't touch the glass at all. Why does this change the balance ?

I guess Hans is sleeping, so I'll answer. When you lower the nut into the water, you are displacing an equal volume of water, all the way up to the top of the water level (watch the water level in the glass when you lower the nut into it--you will see it rise slightly.) This takes work, to raise that water, and it is just this work that is returned when a buoyant float rises.
The difference between the mass of that raised water, and the mass of the nut, is your buoyant "force". It is only gravity in disguise.
Since gravity is a conservative field of force, the potential energy of a mass depends only on its height, not how it got there. The fact that some of the object's path is under water, is irrelevant to the energy balance. When you introduce a buoyant object into the bottom of a liquid-filled chamber, the very first thing that happens is that you are lifting that volume of water to the top of the chamber. As your float rises, this water "falls" back under the float--this is what makes it rise. The only energy returned is what you put in in the first place, to raise that water up.
You get out what you put in, minus losses, and the only thing that adding buoyancy does, is to make things wetter.

Gravitator

@TinselKoala

Thank you very much :) You are absolutely right and this was something I didn't think about.
I was wondering how it would change things if the balls are replaced with tube divided into cells.
This way the water level don't change at all.