Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

OverUnity Prize may be way too small

Started by spacetrax, January 28, 2009, 02:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS-NRG

Quote from: htg on August 08, 2010, 04:39:57 PM
Funding is needed to build an OU device.

Funding is not needed to build an OU device.

The things you need are Time, some research, creativity and technical insight.
You also need Materials&Tools.
And pherhaps a strong will.

As you can see most of those things are basically for free, exept for the materials and tools.
But not much people have them all, and that is the reason why they do not suceed.

And there is a BIG difference between knowing how to build something and actually building it.....some people will know what i mean by that.

mscoffman

Quote from: htg on August 08, 2010, 04:39:57 PM
Funding is needed to build an OU device. I know how to build a practical OU device, but I need at least $300 000 to do it.

The prize is not meant to be payback for building a device but
only as a token of the fact that someone very knowledgeable in
the field with certain consultative resources has validated several
important characteristics of the device. It's basically bragging rights,
but can be leveraged during the early design lifetime of it.

Also, there are other prizes like this from other organizations, I'd
win these too if I could.

:S:MarkSCoffman

JasonD

Well, in my opinion... if a goal seems unattainable, and "asks" for donations... it is a scam.

To reduce the "scam" feeling, since no-one has actually submitted anything, and no-one has, or possibly ever will create such a device, with harsh limits, beyond the scope of anything ever invented in our human life-time...

Lower the limits to something realistic, and obtainable.

This contest has us trying to beat all the history of humanity, for a few bucks. For creating something that is obviously beyond any prize. If you seriously wanted to "get us to work together and create this"... Change the rules to, "the most efficient device, closest to unity", for a title-prize, and a monthly dollar prize.

This contest does not say, or indicate, or to any extent... encourage development. It offers a petty reward, for creating the unfathomable, and dropping a copy into your lap... so you can say you invented it? (Because you know that none of us would have shown anyone but you, once it was submitted. Or you are just expecting people to keep donating to the magic-lamp fund, for personal gain.)

I have taken down many websites that had good intentions, but poor judgement. (Most were illegal, and they didn't like getting audited by international authorities for over-seas scams. When you collect currency across a border, that becomes a federal action, hope you have those proposed winnings in a bank-account, because a lottery/contest held in multiple countries, has international laws that your country can not offer you protection for.)

Though, I am not suggesting that this contest is a scam... I am only questioning the intent of the contest, which is not reflected by the contest rules, which has zero participants and many donations... even after a year.

It is a contest... I doubt that you would find others helping me win... Unless that wasn't the goal. However, I could see others helping me perfect my submission, or all of us working on a singular submission... completely altering the contest beyond the original proposed scope.

By the way, they already have a national grant, in almost every country, which will be awarded to anyone who makes an actual perpetual motion device, and another grant for an over-unity device. (That sort of makes contests like this illegal, by some extents, unless you are a documented, "not for profit" or "non-profit" organization.)

But you would know that, if this was a serious contest... as you would have looked into the legalities, being so smart. Unless this is not serious, and just for fun, in which case, most likely making this a scam with no intention of giving an actual reward, or returning any of the over-unity devices, since it is, "not a legal contest, and undocumented, and not on the records".

Even in a race, you need someone to participate, and one person to finish. With no participants or winners, it isn't a contest, it is a stale gesture without expectation of reward.

Pirate88179

I have several free energy devices operating in my home on a daily basis.  Free energy is NOT overunity.  I am hopeful that one day, this will be achieved and documented so the detractors can be silenced.

But, having said that, I know of no documented OU devices operating at this time.  This does not mean there will not be any, but as of this time, this is my opinion.

My topic: What is overunity?  Raised so many differing opinions that it seems no one can agree to agree on what OU is.  If this is really the case, how will we know when we have found it?

This is why I call my devices free energy devices and not overunity devices.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen