Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

capillair pump

Started by Creativity, January 29, 2009, 01:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Creativity

hey
i was bulding one of my idea's that includes wicks to transport water up against gravity.i tried different materials like paper towels and some thin pipes.Water soaks the material very fast and i can get it go like 4-5 cm above the water surface and relatively big volumes of water in this coffie cup experiment (up to 5ml per sec).Has anyone an idea how to make water leave the wick on top?

I imagined it will just drip off to another cup and from there new wick will transport it next few cm up the hill etc. creating the cascade of the wicks i wanted to transport the water to the Kelvin generator main bucket to close the cycle.

Any idea?
Blues it through your outstanding life,leaving more than just footsteps behind (1999 B-stok by me).

By being intensively responsive to what others say,i do run a risk: I open myself up to the opinions of others.i will,at times, have a great understanding for their opinion.Sometimes,i will even change my own opinion because i realize that the other person is right.This "risk" i do not run if i am unresponsive to what others say.

jadaro2600

The wick effect stops when the water reaches the top
wick then drip

on top of this, there is a maximum height by which that effect ceases to exist.  Perhaps you could incorporate the coanda effect, burnullie effect - like apparatus to expedite the flow at the end. some sort of ball bearing or..

I don't know what I mean by that, btw.  But, picture an sweet-pea like pod, an expansion at the end of the wick, facing in the opposite direction where the wicking is coming from, like towards gravity.  the expansion would create a low pressure area.

gyulasun

Hi,

Perhaps if you let the upper end of the wick bend down say 5 - 7 mm (depending on its thickness), would look like the letter  J  but of course upside down.  Important thing is what you use for fixing the bend: it cannot be water-absorbing and probably should touch the wick the less area the better.
This way water could drop from the wick's ending by gravitation I think.

rgds,  Gyula

Creativity

Quote from: jadaro2600 on January 29, 2009, 04:53:31 PM
The wick effect stops when the water reaches the top
wick then drip

well i want this drip,but it just does not happen :)

@all
Thx for advices,i will experiment on it.
Blues it through your outstanding life,leaving more than just footsteps behind (1999 B-stok by me).

By being intensively responsive to what others say,i do run a risk: I open myself up to the opinions of others.i will,at times, have a great understanding for their opinion.Sometimes,i will even change my own opinion because i realize that the other person is right.This "risk" i do not run if i am unresponsive to what others say.

jadaro2600

Quote from: Creativity on January 29, 2009, 05:06:18 PM
well i want this drip,but it just does not happen :)

@all
Thx for advices,i will experiment on it.

What are you wicking with?

maybe a tube such as one would find from a standard phone cable, just pull the copper out of one of the individual strand and you'll have a nice sleeve.  insert some smaller diameter fishing line in the copper's place and it might work as a wick.  the problem with any wicking setup is that it will get clogged easily and stop working, it's also vapor dependent.  now, if your working some sort of evaporator system, then if it's closed, alcohol may be a good one to work with.  you may not have to insert the fishing line all the way down, just far enough that it reaches around the "J" bend and sticks out the end.