Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Magnetic Rotation in the Rodin Coil - was the Bell really a myth after all?

Started by magpie, February 04, 2009, 10:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie

Hello all,

Like many, I have been intrigued by the stories of the Nazi Bell that rotated mercury inside of a toroidal coil of sorts...
Well that is interesting but how do we know if it was real? 
I decided to do a test myself today by placing a minuscule N50 magnet (D101-N50 from K&J) inside one of my Rodin Coils. I connected a 12 Volt low current power supply (you can see it in my youtube vids) and sure enough, the magnet went around and around! It wasn't wizzing around at light speed but the voltage and current are low, also interesting the coil seemed to run more coolly with the magnet rotating inside.
I should point out that it is odd for an electromagnetic coil using DC to have a rotating field and especially odd for a magnet with POLES to rotate instead of sticking to part of the coil.
BTW, the magnet skipped along as if it was trying to get off the ground into the centre of the coil, I tried the test with much bigger magnets and they did get stuck after less than a complete circuit so power to weight is obviously important to allow rotation in the magnetic "band".

Build a Rodin Coil yourself and do the tests to see, I have placed videos on Youtube demonstrating how to build one so why not have a go?  ;)

How to build a Rodin Coil part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY8jsRmxAzo

How to build a Rodin Coil part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP5_ShzJcW8

turbo

magpie

Currently I don't have enough mercury readily available but I do have powdered Bismuth on its way to make a suspension to place inside the coil.

Yucca

@Magpie,

Great video demos, You´ve made some nice Rodin coils! If I see similar plastic torus next time I´m in a toy store I will buy a set and wind some.

I´ve watched Rodins vids on youtube and I enjoyed them very much.

RE. the spinning magnet test:
Very intersting result, DC coil stator, permanent mag rotor, and it rotates!! I have a feeling that such rotation will be Lenz free.

(Q)
I realise the D101-N50 is vey tiny at only one sixteenth inch diameter but would it be possible for you to test further by constraining your magnet on an axle? This will remove the possibility of the magnet rolling around on its rim as it bounces around the field maximum in the centre. Maybe you could glue it to a pin and then make a small U bracket out of aluminium drink can metal with a hole in one arm and a dimple in the other, then perhaps with thin oil it will be free enough.