Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Looking for best books on quantum physics, electrodynamics

Started by CARN0T, February 07, 2009, 09:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0T

I hope this isn't too "tame" to announce here--

Our little town library lacks any really useful books on science.  I am the head of a committe to correct this fault, to recommend books to purchase.

How about recommendations on books that are nearly readable but also thorough in their teaching of science topics?  I know a few old books, but nothing new.  I am assuming an undergraduate college level reader.  Books in modern physics (e.g., quantum) and electricity and magnetism are of particular interest but all topics are welcome.

Ernie Rogers
Pleasant Grove, Utah

jadaro2600

Frederic2k1

Steven Dufresne

These two are on difficult topics explained in an easy to understand way with mostly text and illustrations - no mathematics. Feynman was a master explainer.
"QED: The Strange Theory of Light and Matter" by Richard P. Feynman
"Six Easy Pieces"  by Richard P. Feynman

These are excellent College level physics books, heavy on the math. I usually skip the math and make out just fine with his explanations.
"The Feynman Lectures on Physics" Volumes 1 to 3

These are excellent College level physics textbooks.
"Fundamentals of Physics" Volumes 1 to 3 by David Halliday, Robert Recnick, Jearl Walker

More recent ones...

This one's used a lot by the chip makers in Silicon Valley. College level. Heavy on the mathematics.
"Collective Electrodynamics: Quantum Foundations of Electrodynamics" by Carver A. Mead

This one has some formulas throughout but leaves the bulk of the math to the last third.
"Schrodinger's Universe: Einstein, Waves & the Origin of the Natural Laws" by Milo Wolff

-Steve
http://rimstar.org   http://wsminfo.org
He who smiles at lofty schemes, stems the tied of broken dreams. - Roger Hodgson

Magnethos

Books are like friends: more quality and less quantity.  ;)

I prefer to study electricity and related fields from books that don't talk about electricity. For example, now I'm learning some non-orthdox electricity and magnetism from a medicine book.

Electricity is all, so anyone can learn about it in different books. The only things I have learnt about electricity, I read it in very technical books or an easy self-learning electronics book.