Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How to beat the second law

Started by CARN0T, February 17, 2009, 02:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugo Chavez

Quote from: BEP on February 19, 2009, 01:18:40 PM
As one using thermographic tools I think I understand the 2nd law pretty well. So why is it Momma taught us to to hold the cast iron skillet with a rag while cooling it with cold water?

Naturally I didn't follow her advice the first few times.  Even if the handle is just warm to the touch you may wind up with burns.
Your mom should have taught you NOT to put a hot cast iron skillet under cold water, rag or not. ;D

CARN0T

Hi, Phil,

A statement of the second law:  "There is no natural process for which the change in entropy is negative."  This can be shown to being equivalent to "heat does not spontaneously flow from a cold place to a hot place."  Another equivalent statement is "You can not convert 100% of heat to work."

I guess you have found one or all of these statements to be untrue?

Ernie Rogers

Quote from: Philip Hardcastle on February 24, 2009, 05:53:50 AM
Dear Carnot,

Please read my post subject Curled Ballistic Thermionics.

I have a number of professors and experts already in agreement.

As you know there is no proof of the 2nd Law.

I now claim there is a proof that the Lord Kelvin statement was a viewpoint and a half baked theory, not a law and it is now relegated to myth.

Phil H

Low-Q

(I'm testing out Google Translate from Norwegian to English ...)

Work assumes that there are at least two energy levels that interact on each other. You can have lots of energy, but taken that energy in an environment where the energy density is the same, will not work be carried out.

You can transfer the heat to work, but to exploit the heat 100% of work assumes that the environment has a temperature on the absolute zero.

However, the work, which is created by heating, in areas where the temperature is not at the absolute zero, provides a relatively work that is the difference between the temperature of the machine and the temperature of the surroundings. So anyway, it is quite possible to convert heat to 100% work.
Just a feeling I have about the topic ...

Vidars laws :)

BEP

Quote from: Hugo Chavez on February 24, 2009, 01:24:31 PM
Your mom should have taught you NOT to put a hot cast iron skillet under cold water, rag or not. ;D

I was talking about a couple hundred degrees F. Hardly enough to cause damage to the pan when cold water was applied.

The point is - the stored heat should have flowed to the area being instantly cooled. It did not. The heat moved to the handle in less than a second. The handle would cool very quickly afterwards.

Alien509

I would suggest that there are ways to have an absolute mechanical advantage over matter. If a person has an absolute mechanical advantage over matter then it becomes possible to transform incredible amounts of mass into energy. Then if that energy is put to work through a load that has a higher resistance, more energy can be harvested. This is where the work function becomes perpetual. An analogy would be a hydraulic pump, if you lift 10,000 pounds under one set of conditions and then drop that weight under another set of conditions it could create an accelerated force. The key to becoming perpetual is through the use of an electromagnetic system because the speed of electricity is essentially the speed of light unless you are some fraction of a light year away from the device generating the electromagnetic field. Lightening is a perfect example or proof. An ampere is nothing more than charge accumulated and dispersed in a "reasonable" amount of time.