Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Toroidal Motor

Started by gravityblock, February 17, 2009, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Low-Q

@broli:

What about increasing the "diameter" of the windings so the non shielded part closest to the magnet are in the center of the disc magnet instead. In the center there is no moving magnetic force at all, where the flux is spread in all directions, hence the force acting in that part is undetermind or zero. The flux that is coming from the wires parallell to the discmagnet will cancel out, but left you will have the fluxlines crossing the outer part of the windings only.

So in basic you make a toroid coil with an absolute minimum inner diameter, and let that center be in the center of the disc magnets.

I have made two equivalent drawing with only magnets. Looking forward to your thoughts.

PS! I know this isnt working with both ringmagnets as inner and outer magnets - I have tried already. But maybe it's different with a discmagnet as the inner magnet instead. Look at the drawings of top view and side view.

Vidar

broli

Low-q you will end up with a lot of wasted copper windings that's on the top and bottom toroid that doesn't contribute to the torque. This is why I'm looking for the most compact,simplest and cheap solution. Also the permanent magnet solution you show is very close to the permanent magnet concept I posted a while ago. So it should be looked further into.

Also I agree partially on the ring magnets. The ring magnets will not work with permanent magnets if the magnet is between the rings. It should be outside of the ring which will then be exactly the same as previous posted concepts.

If you want to stay in between the rings then permanent magnets cannot be used. Because shielding should be employed and thus only a conductor can be used like you see below which is a cross section of 2 ring magnets opposing each other. Forces on the two wire pieces point IN the screen so magnets will move out of screen due the reaction force. The cool part of this design is that the torque scales with the overall ring size. Meaning the size difference between OD and ID can remain the same. I attached an example of this where the ring is very large.

Edit: I just noticed you can shield the left and right wire pieces and get the same or even better result because those wires are closer to the magnets and thus are in a much stronger field. So many possibilities we only need people working on it now  ;).

Edit2: The previously edited statement is exactly the idea this thread started with. Only with shielding and rotating magnets instead of conductor. 

Low-Q

Here are some examples on what you can use for shielding. They can be bought in most electronic stores. Here are some pictures from the Northern Europe electronic chain ELFA.

The material is a nonconductive ferrite, which I believe is important.

PS! None of your examples will work. You must have two windings which is seen as opposite. The two windings is placed on the left and right part of the disc magnet.

Vidar

broli

Thanks a lot low-q now I know what to look for. On first look Ebay seems significantly cheaper than ELFA. I'm mainly looking for those snap-on cores.

Low-Q

Quote from: broli on March 22, 2009, 05:40:28 AM
Thanks a lot low-q now I know what to look for. On first look Ebay seems significantly cheaper than ELFA. I'm mainly looking for those snap-on cores.
I have ordered 25x of those beads at almost half price, 25.4mm length and 5mm inner diameter. Looks nice I guess on a motor rather than the snap-ons ;D But the snap-ons are for sure easier to remove... I already have a few of those I will use on a prototype. But the final motor/generator will use beads.
Hey, this is starting to get very fun :). Maybe I now can also making a brushless motor that runs on pure DC current.

Can't wait till I get those ferrite-beads :)

Vidar