Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Toroidal Motor

Started by gravityblock, February 17, 2009, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Low-Q

Quote from: gravityblock on February 17, 2009, 03:53:29 PM
Below is a pic of a toroidal motor that I designed. I'm not even sure if this is even half baked. LOL

Here are the advantages I see with this motor:

1) The magnets do not rotate around the coil in the traditional way and the coil doesn't rotate around the magnets, which eliminates the polarity or direction of the current from always switching.

2) With the right arrangements of magnets on the top and bottom, this may reduce Lenz's law or even eliminate it. I have a few ideas on this, but haven't been able to fully think those ideas through until I know what this motor could do.

3) If this doesn't provide overunity, then it may provide for a more efficient motor and generator.

The disadvantages with this motor:

1) Not even sure if it will produce a current or emf (LOL), and I apologize for wasting the time it took you to read this.

Please let me know if it could be a thumbs up or a thumbs down and your reason. Thanks

Hi,

I made once a generator/motor with a toroid (Not a transformer - they have only one set of windings). The toroid is at the size of a 60VA transformer, so it isn't very big. However, I did put a normal ringmagnet on the top and the bottom where the north pole facing the toroid from both magnets. I put current in the toroid, but nothing happens. I was hoping I could make a brushless motor with DC current. I got the idea because I fly RC planes with brushless motors. But these have a special controller that is a 3-phase AC power supply.

Then I understood the problem. There is equal numbers of fluxlines entering through the windings and into the iron core as the number of fluxlines exiting the iron core through the windings. So the forces in the toroid cancelled out perfectly - even if there is current flow through the windings that is making a static magnetic field in the toroid core.

So I am just poiting out that I have already tried this (Also one like in your drawing), and it doesn't work :-\ How convenient it would be then if we could replace thet toroid with a round magnet with a curcular magnetic field and made it work.

However, If you manage to force the fluxlines from the magnets in going only one direction through the toroid windings and find another path back to the magnet withour affecting the windings, it would defenitely work. The question is just how to get these flux lines back in the magnetic loop without crossing the windings on the way back. Without that possibility the forces will be cancelled, whether you want it or not ;)

Loudspeaker coils do exactly what we are looking for, but they have also limited allowed travel length because the magnetic lines CAN go back without crossing the windings again.

br.

Vidar

broli

Quote from: mr_bojangles on March 18, 2009, 04:13:40 PM
it looks to me like you have the inside out version of a "faraday flashlight"

the flashlights have a magnet running in the middle of a coil of wires

interesting concept though, i had no idea it worked in reverse as well

i think ive solved it using this method (not yours but variations) that im still kicking around

until next time

The Faraday flash light relies entirely on magnetic induction. The proposed concepts here do not rely on induction. Induction is really a small part of the bigger picture, the bigger picture being the Lorentz force. This means that you can describe it with the Lorentz force but can't with the induction law because there's no changing flux.

Quote from: Low-Q on March 18, 2009, 04:36:56 PM
Hi,

I made once a generator/motor with a toroid (Not a transformer - they have only one set of windings). The toroid is at the size of a 60VA transformer, so it isn't very big. However, I did put a normal ringmagnet on the top and the bottom where the north pole facing the toroid from both magnets. I put current in the toroid, but nothing happens. I was hoping I could make a brushless motor with DC current. I got the idea because I fly RC planes with brushless motors. But these have a special controller that is a 3-phase AC power supply.

Then I understood the problem. There is equal numbers of fluxlines entering through the windings and into the iron core as the number of fluxlines exiting the iron core through the windings. So the forces in the toroid cancelled out perfectly - even if there is current flow through the windings that is making a static magnetic field in the toroid core.

So I am just poiting out that I have already tried this (Also one like in your drawing), and it doesn't work :-\ How convenient it would be then if we could replace thet toroid with a round magnet with a curcular magnetic field and made it work.

However, If you manage to force the fluxlines from the magnets in going only one direction through the toroid windings and find another path back to the magnet withour affecting the windings, it would defenitely work. The question is just how to get these flux lines back in the magnetic loop without crossing the windings on the way back. Without that possibility the forces will be cancelled, whether you want it or not ;)

Loudspeaker coils do exactly what we are looking for, but they have also limited allowed travel length because the magnetic lines CAN go back without crossing the windings again.

br.

Vidar

Low-q I don't like your negative comments. Your flaw is obvious experimental and mentality wise. I'll show you in a few days that this is possible so you can stop your negative rants. You can't do simple mechanical calculations (this will show you that even the flux going in and out is equal the TORQUE IS NOT) you can't do simple electric calculations (this will show you the direction of all the forces and reaction forces) but yet you are very quick in belittling people by your broken knowledge.

jadaro2600

So, you want to create a brush less DC motor? ...the toroidal idea seems sound.  Wouldn't a bifilar wound toroid do the trick? ...you may want to use something which a permanent magnet isn't attracted to as the toroid though.

Low-Q

Quote from: broli on March 18, 2009, 05:33:29 PM
Low-q I don't like your negative comments. Your flaw is obvious experimental and mentality wise. I'll show you in a few days that this is possible so you can stop your negative rants. You can't do simple mechanical calculations (this will show you that even the flux going in and out is equal the TORQUE IS NOT) you can't do simple electric calculations (this will show you the direction of all the forces and reaction forces) but yet you are very quick in belittling people by your broken knowledge.
Please be objective. More of those personal attacks, and I sure will recommend someone to throw you out of this forum for good. Grow up!

Vidar

broli

Objective? This isn't politics buddy.This is you spreading your negativity. I tried to reason with you many times but you are either ignorant or do it on purpose to sell your disinfo. If you don't like to talk to me then stop posting where I post. As long as you are ignorant to ideas I propose I will be there to defend them. I accept skepticism but then point out where the flaw is. Simply saying "I tried this in my hands just now and it didn't work so stop working on it" deserves no respect.

Oh and threatening to ban me is hilarious. I guess we aren't all adults here.