Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Magnet motor using repeling magnets (or radial magnets if availbale).

Started by broli, March 12, 2009, 03:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broli

Yes Low-Q you brought up an interesting design. One could use those pole pieces to get a much stronger and uniform radial field. All you have to do is put a magnet between the gaps.

But I went ahead and illustrated the field lines and if the magnet where a single loop of wire. You can use the right hand rule to find the force. But you have to be careful with this design. Let's say the field at the farthest part was weaker this would result into a weaker force. That means that closest force is strong but farthest force is weak so they could negate each other in torque. Best is to be sure that the field is near uniform

@gravityblock: I think your subject is a bit off topic. This idea is not difficult to understand. Look up how current carrying wires experience the Lorentz force in magnetic fields and you''ll get it.

Low-Q

Quote from: broli on March 13, 2009, 04:18:50 PM
Yes Low-Q you brought up an interesting design. One could use those pole pieces to get a much stronger and uniform radial field. All you have to do is put a magnet between the gaps.

But I went ahead and illustrated the field lines and if the magnet where a single loop of wire. You can use the right hand rule to find the force. But you have to be careful with this design. Let's say the field at the farthest part was weaker this would result into a weaker force. That means that closest force is strong but farthest force is weak so they could negate each other in torque. Best is to be sure that the field is near uniform

@gravityblock: I think your subject is a bit off topic. This idea is not difficult to understand. Look up how current carrying wires experience the Lorentz force in magnetic fields and you''ll get it.
Well, the not so good thing about torque in a solid material, is that if the torque in the rotormagnet closest to the stator magnet is greatest, this torque will be "transfered" over the whole piece of the rotormagnet. So that means the farthest part of the rotor magnet wants to go as much in one direction as the closest part is going in the other way. That means you cannot transfer the center of torque from the midle of the rotormagnet, and into the shaft in center of the ringmagnet. You need a force that is affecting the whole rotormagnet in the same direction. And how are you gonna do that?

Also try to imagine how the statormagnet would start to rotate if the rotormagnets is fixed, and the statormagnet is on an axle.

You need magnetical potential difference between the area ahead and behind the direction of rotation you want the rotormagnet to go. And that will not happen in your design.

Br.

Vidar

broli

Of course you can transfer the torque. Just apply the torque formula. Torque = Force * distance. Add up the torque from both forces and make sure it's not 0. Below is an example of it being 0 on the shaft even though there's a net torque on the center of the rotor magnet. I hope this makes it clear now.

Low-Q

Sorry for being unclear. What I ment was that the torque in the rotormagnet around the center of it, cannot be moved closer to the joint at the left side because it is only the magnet that is affected - not the rod/arm it is connected to. However, the torque at the left and right side of the rotormagnet is equal if the axis is in the center of the mangnet - even if the force affecting the closest and farthest part are different, they sum up in a total torque around the center of the magnet that is equal because the magnet is not changing shape - it's solid.

Anyways, do we agree that your design will not work?

br.

Vidar

broli

Quote from: Low-Q on March 13, 2009, 06:34:18 PM
Sorry for being unclear. What I ment was that the torque in the rotormagnet around the center of it, cannot be moved closer to the joint at the left side because it is only the magnet that is affected - not the rod/arm it is connected to. However, the torque at the left and right side of the rotormagnet is equal if the axis is in the center of the mangnet - even if the force affecting the closest and farthest part are different, they sum up in a total torque around the center of the magnet that is equal because the magnet is not changing shape - it's solid.

Anyways, do we agree that your design will not work?

br.

Vidar

What? Sorry but you need to study mechanics a bit more. This is pretty basic stuff. This design is so simple and clear that there is not a single reason why it wouldn't work. I'm not looking for discussion about the concept as I'm pretty convinced that anyone with basic mechanic and electricity knowledge would say it would rotate, I'm looking for someone who can make a build out of it as I can't even tie my shoe lasses at the moment.