Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

I will be building a windturbine I need your help!

Started by infringer, March 22, 2009, 10:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelinho

@Paul-R

This would be more efficient in a vertical design but it would need to be large to spin the alternator under full load.

QuoteThe newest idea for harvesting the wind is nearly 900 years old. Vertical windmills, like the Wind Tower (right) from Windaus Turbines of Ontario, can crank out 50 percent more power than conventional, horizontal-mounted designs. Windaus says this is because the blades catch the wind regardless of the direction from which it blows. Although remains of foundations for vertical windmills dating to 1150 have been found in France, it is only with the advent of lightweight composites that the design has become practical. Windaus believes the inherently quiet operation of vertical turbines will also spur wider interest in wind power. For more information, go to www.windausenergy.com/contactframe.html.

Take care,

Michel

infringer

Funny thing I have had a similar design in my head for a while as this company windaus or whatever...

The gearbox idea is not half bad either...

I am thinking of purchasing 3 rubbermaid trash cans cutting them in half and double stacking them bottom to bottom not 100% yet have not settled on anything yet still curious on other folks ideas ...

I really do value all the excellent input and help with my venture I am thinking the more simplistic the better!

But cheap is good as well. But I will be taking pictures and documenting the process...

Thanks a million guys keep the suggestions comming!

As far as energy storage I do have a micro grid tie unit 250watt max and batteries and charge controllers are rather easy to find as well...
REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER RIGHT NOW!!!!!
........::::::::: http://www.energyinfringer.com  :::::::::........

"""""""everything is energy and energy is everything""""""

-infringer-

Michelinho

Hi Infringer,

That should be an easy design to replicate.

2round end discs, 5 discs with 3 arc slots in each and a roll of galvanized steel or aluminum flashing and a center shaft. As you slide the slotted discs on the flashing, it will shape the arc in it, then it is just a matter of securing the slotted discs to the shaft while twisting it a bit to get the spiral design.

I have about 5 projects going now but as soon as I have them running, I'll replicate a small one (24" or 30" high) just to see what kind of torque it develops. A lot easier than making the blades of a conventional windmill.

Take care,

Michel

Michelinho

Re: design:

If the outside supports are say 12" wide or more, it would concentrate even more wind to the helical rotor giving it a lower starting speed and a lot more torque.

Take care,

Michel

Edit: Holes in the end and spacer discs would improve air flow.

infringer

Here is a model of what I was thinking for a VAWT...

I threw this together so I had a better idea of how to do this with rubbermaid trash cans or plastic 55GAL Drums...

But I am thinking on another design that may be better I will post that as soon as I get a picture drawn up something rough ...
REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER RIGHT NOW!!!!!
........::::::::: http://www.energyinfringer.com  :::::::::........

"""""""everything is energy and energy is everything""""""

-infringer-