Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

E=mc2 Polling Question

Started by gravityblock, March 26, 2009, 02:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Energy and Mass interchangeable?

Yes,  Physics does not contradict itself
6 (37.5%)
No,  Physics contradicts itself
3 (18.8%)
The question does not state Special Relativity Theory correctly
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

gravityblock

Pay careful attention to the words in bold, or you will more than likely not catch the contradiction.

In Special Relativity Theory, mass converts to energy as an object approaches the speed of light.  If this were true, then instead of having infinite mass as the theory proposes, a spaceship should be massless at the speed of light.   However, if the spaceship were massless at the speed of light, then it would have no energy because the mass would be zero.

I do not see how physicists could have ignored this simple contradiction for 100 years.  No doubt, the die-hard relativists will come out swinging with arguments that there is relativistic mass, which is different from rest mass, or some other such nonsense.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

mr_bojangles

I'm not sure i understand what you're asking

are you suggesting that the theory states all mass converts to energy while approaching the speed of light, whereupon there is an infinite amount of mass supplying the transference from mass to energy?

are you asking where the energy went from the mass of the spaceship?

i believe the mass they are referring to is the mass of whatever propellant/force/driving mechanism of the spaceship, suggesting that the speed of light could only be acheived with a mechanism that has no mass or has yeilds of over 100% return

however if it were possible to get to the speed of light in a spaceship, i don't think i understand your logic as to why all mass gets converted into pure energy, but if it does then there shouldnt be any mass because it was converted into energy to begin with

those are my thoughts

maybe i should re look at those bolded words

very interesting thoughts though

theory is fun to "theororize" about

until next time
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields

hoptoad

Quote from: gravityblock on March 26, 2009, 02:40:02 AM
In Special Relativity Theory, mass converts to energy as an object approaches the speed of light.

Are you sure of that interpretation? I was under the impression that the mass of an object supposedly increases as it approaches light speed.

Isn't that why most physicists suggest that it is impossible for ordinary matter to reach photon (light) speed ?

The energy required to accelerate mass to light speed increases exponentially as the mass approaches light speed.
The faster the mass goes, the larger the mass becomes, the more energy required to continue to accelerate it.

Hmmnnn I'm not sure either way!

Pirate88179

No offense intended but, you need to go back and re-read the theory.  Your posit is not what the theory states at all.  so, I disagree with your question here as it is not accurate.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

gravityblock

Quote from: Pirate88179 on March 26, 2009, 05:58:55 AM
No offense intended but, you need to go back and re-read the theory.  Your posit is not what the theory states at all.  so, I disagree with your question here as it is not accurate.

Bill

Then please tell me what the theory states?

The equation E=mc2 states that energy and mass are equivalent.

E is not mathematically equal to me2 , which in tum means that the "equation" so often attributed to Einstein, that is E = me2 , is not a true equality.

If the photon is massless, then it can not have energy according to the equation above, even when traveling at the speed of light (E = 0c2, equals 0 energy).  If the photon has mass, then it can not go the speed of light according to the equation above and Special Relativity.

Please let me know what your interpretations of Special Relativity is regarding Energy = Mass times the speed of light squared.

In fact, the question that I asked, was a statement in the Secrets of the Aether book - third edition...this is not my own interpretations of Relativity.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.