Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Yet another, free, all magnetic idea.

Started by broli, April 02, 2009, 03:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

I've tried a few different materials for the shielding.  I'm currently using batteries for the shielding in the ring magnet and a thin piece of metal for the rail magnet.  I have the best results when both magnets are shielded.  I think repulsive mode on entry works best.  The rail magnet shoots through the ring magnet once it gets past a small sticky point on entry, but it is not able to free itself from the batteries on the other side.

I need to have a spacer between the batteries and the rail magnet so they won't stick together, but there is no room left on the inside diameter of the ring magnet.  I need either smaller batteries or a smaller diameter rail magnet in order to test this.

I think the appropriate material for the shielding and spacers are critical, just like broli said,  in order to have a positive results in this experiment.

I'm attaching pictures of the setup I currently have, with the rail magnet on the inside of the batteries.  This is the point at which the rail magnet stopped at after coming though the back side of the ring magnet.  Also, in the background is a picture of Sammy Terry that my girlfriend chalked.   ;D
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

Paul-R

It would be good to study this idea from our thrice blest leader:
http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/shpmm.htm
http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/shpmm1.htm
There may well be something to be gained.
Paul.

Low-Q

Quote from: gravityblock on April 08, 2009, 11:56:34 PM
I've tried a few different materials for the shielding.  I'm currently using batteries for the shielding in the ring magnet and a thin piece of metal for the rail magnet.  I have the best results when both magnets are shielded.  I think repulsive mode on entry works best.  The rail magnet shoots through the ring magnet once it gets past a small sticky point on entry, but it is not able to free itself from the batteries on the other side.

I need to have a spacer between the batteries and the rail magnet so they won't stick together, but there is no room left on the inside diameter of the ring magnet.  I need either smaller batteries or a smaller diameter rail magnet in order to test this.

I think the appropriate material for the shielding and spacers are critical, just like broli said,  in order to have a positive results in this experiment.

I'm attaching pictures of the setup I currently have, with the rail magnet on the inside of the batteries.  This is the point at which the rail magnet stopped at after coming though the back side of the ring magnet.  Also, in the background is a picture of Sammy Terry that my girlfriend chalked.   ;D
You can use regular nails as shielding. Just cut the heads of the nails off first. Nails in any size ans length can be bought in any wood ware store.

The "small sticky" spot you mentioned doesn't last for long, but it is relatively powerful in order to balance the total forces in a closed loop into zero, so you have to find a way to remove it or reduce it without affecting the other desired forces along the rails. That is the most tricky and most "impossible" part of a working magnet motor.

Anyway, batteries can be replaced by nails. Then you get more inner diameter. Good luck, and nice chalked picture btw. :)

Br.

Vidar

Low-Q

Quote from: Paul-R on April 09, 2009, 09:53:42 AM
It would be good to study this idea from our thrice blest leader:
http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/shpmm.htm
http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/shpmm1.htm
There may well be something to be gained.
Paul.
If it just was that easy. I have seen it before, so I tested this very setup a while ago. There is a few non-obvious forces that counterforce the system. Permanentmagnets tends to conserve the field at any time. That means they want to cancel out any potential difference in the system, in order to conserve the magnetic field. This means that there is no potential magnetic difference that will provide a unidirectional acceleration and speed of the permanentmagnet.
Look at the field lines in the example in one of the links. They are acually not directed in one direction, but pinched at one side and expanded on the other side - no net movement of the magnetic field is present. What a circular magnetic field from a wire does is to guide the magnetic field behind it so the wire has free "magnetic space" to "fall" into, and simultaneously is pushed forward by the densed magnetic field behind it.
This cant be done with permanentmagnets without having another magnetic circuit that is the very opposite - and therefor cancel out the force.

Ofcourse, according to someone this fact is BS and pure heresy. But that does unfortunately not change the facts in any way.

Br.

Vidar

gravityblock

I found something interesting with the shielding.

Take a piece of metal that is highly attracted to a magnet and attach the magnet's south pole to the metal (front side).  Now, place another magnet on the same side of the metal (front side) at the opposite end, with it's south pole attached to the metal.  With this arrangement, when you take a third magnet and come in on the back side of the metal, you will feel a repelling force as you approach the metal with one of it's poles.  If you continue, then it will attract to the metal and overcome the repelling force. Also, another piece of metal will stick to the backside of the metal.  So, with this arrangement, the shielding spread the magnetic field over a greater area on the back side of the metal, but didn't eliminate it (sticky spot is weaker, but covers a larger area).

Now flip one magnet over (where it's north pole is attached to the metal), but keep it on the same side of the metal as the other magnet.  With this arrangement,  you will feel no repelling force as you approach the backside of the metal with either pole, and it will be immediately attracted to the metal. Also, another piece of metal will not stick to the backside of the metal.  So, with this arrangement, the shielding eliminated the magnetic field on the backside of the metal (no sticky spot).

This works the other way around also, with the metal sandwiched between the magnets.  Another piece of metal won't stick to either side of the sandwiched metal.  This gives me a few ideas for a magnet motor.

Tell me how or if we can use this to our benefit with the shielding of the ring magnet's sticky spot.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.