Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

"Vacuum Tube" Tesla Coil - TOY

Started by fuzzytomcat, April 13, 2009, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzytomcat

Hi everyone,

I hope that this 1932 vacuum tube rendition of a "Tesla Coil" is a possible build you may want to make, remember this is not a "VTTC" designed in the 1950's ........ but the only known device that was invented one year after a reported 1931 Peirce Arrow was made to run on "Vacuum Tubes" by Nikola Tesla.

Here are some PDF's that I ran across that maybe helpful in this build or any other vacuum tube device ......

Telefunken Tube Manual 1930-1931 "German Only"
       RCA Tube Manual  1933
               Western Electric Tube Manual 1933
    RCA de Forest Transmitting Tube Manual 1934
RCA Vacuum Transmitting Tube Manual TT-3 1938

Meissner "How To Build" Instruction Manual 1953 "Highly Recommended"
UTC Transformer Catalog w/ Cross Reference 1963
Inside the Vacuum Tube By John Rider 1945

There is also one curious note on the frequency on the last page last paragraph ........  it's the 6 cycle information, earlier in the article it states
(quote) First, do not fear a shock. Slight burns may result if taken on the bare flesh but if one holds a metallic object in the hands no sensation is noticeable. Therefore there is no danger. (end quote)
(quote) As before stated, there is not the least danger in its effects. But, don't get careless with the direct output of the transformer itself. The current produced is at a much lower frequency [6 cycles] and 500 volts or more at this frequency it will give quite the kick if taken through the body. (end quote)

Fuzzy
;D

fuzzytomcat

Hi everyone,

I've been able to finally source the required transformer (or equal) for the "Vacuum Tube Tesla Coil" with 350 to 500 volt secondaries including optional 120 volt and 120-240 volt primary windings.

"Hammond Manufacturing" (or equal)

5 volt rectifier filament 1.25 amp (one required)
6.3 volt tube filament 1.25 amp  (one required)

#260M 250va 350v sec - 120-240v primary
#278X 200va 400v sec - 120v primary
#279X 150va 425v sec - 120v primary
#282X 200va 500v sec - 120v primary
#378X 200va 400v sec - 120-240v primary
#379X 150va 425v sec - 120-240v primary
#382X 200va 500v sec - 120-240v primary

Hammond Mfg. - Transformer Index
   260 series
  "Classic" 263-282 series
  "Classic" 300 series     
  "Classic" 700 series HV-Plate Type ( wo/filament sec.)

Fuzzy
:)

Thaelin

At $90 a tube,          :P        I would think that others would do just as well. Any diode tube and what ever has a single grid in it. One side of a 5U4? 

thay

fuzzytomcat

Quote from: Thaelin on April 29, 2009, 11:30:55 PM
   At $90 a tube,          :P        I would think that others would do just as well. Any diode tube and what ever has a single grid in it. One side of a 5U4? 

thay

Hi Thaelin,

I know it seems expensive but until myself, someone here at OverUnity or Energetic Forum makes a replication of the original I cant advise changes yet. The problem is to keep "voltages" for vacuum tubes, filament and circuitry exactly the same as not to change the wire awg sizes on the coils and to make the "toy" more dangerous than it possibly already is :o . I have some expertise in radio tubes built a couple of amps to advise what to replace for direct substitutions for the original, but thats as far I can go until something is built or someone with the technical knowledge can change the shopping list.  ::)

These tubes also could be the same ones involved in the 1931 Pierce Arrow Nikola Tesla made to run on cosmic energy some type of electrical wireless transmission or a combination of both from his "black box" ??

The best bet so far on vacuum tubes is -

http://www.tubedepot.com/nos-10.html      ($69.95 US)  ST type
http://www.tubedepot.com/nos-81.html      ($15.95 US)  ST type

It appears the images that were posted of the magazine article, vacuum tube information and circuit schematic are missing from OverUnity again  >:( , they are posted at Energetic Forum "Vacuum Tube" Tesla Coil - TOY

Best Regards,
Fuzzy
:)

WilbyInebriated

i can see all your images still fuzzy.
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe