Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulsing a Permanent Magnet on/off

Started by gravityblock, April 16, 2009, 11:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul-R

gravityblock

Quote from: Paul-R on April 24, 2009, 09:32:30 AM
Have you folks read up about the Robert Adams and Muller motors?
http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapter2.pdf

This looks like a better and easier solution than what I was thinking about.

Thanks Paul and Golden Mean.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

Golden Mean

Quote from: gyulasun on April 23, 2009, 07:01:44 PM
Hi,

The data sheet shows the TIP47-50 npn bipolar power transistors specs, this is NOT a MOSFET as you can also read it.  Why did you think it is a MOSFET and indicated in your PDF file its electrodes as G, D and S? It should be B, C and E.

This transistor has a max allowed peak collector current of 2A as you can see so the value of the resistor R2 I included in the modified schematic should be increased to at least 9-10 Ohm, ok?

Now if you really have got TIP48 bipolar transistors (and not MOSFETs) than you have to modify my schematic: you have to insert a resistor in series with the reed switch where the left hand side of the reed goes to the common point of G (which is now the B or base of the transistor) and R1, ok?   The value of this series resistor can be between 8-9 kOhm (maybe better to use a 10 kOhm trimmer potmeter, place also in series with its wiper a 1kOhm resistor), ok? now I have no time to update the schematic, if you do not understand, then I will draw it tomorrow.

Your reed switches was destined to weld when you used them directly, without transistor, because they cannot handle the too high current (your coil copper resistance is under 1 or around 1-2 Ohm and you connected it to a 12V battery via the reed, use Ohms law to figure out the current!)

rgds, Gyula

Well that explains why I can't get this circuit to work!!! ARGHH!!!  My apologies.  I somehow got it in my head that this transistor was a MOSFET and have been struggling with it for a while now. 
Thanks for pointing out the obvious Gyula.  I will rework my schmatic and do some testing soon (hopefully tonight) and see if I can get this working.

Peace,
~ Golden Mean
Be the change you wish to see in the world! ~ Paraphrase from Gandhi

gravityblock

Here's a modified version of the Adams motor, using alternating poles like the Muller motor, and using both ends of the electromagnet unlike Adam's original motor.  Here's a link that explains the operation of this motor, http://members.fortunecity.com/freeenergy2000/adamsmotor.htm

There are two options which allows you to use both ends of the electromagnet for efficiency purposes.  The first option is to use two rotors with the stator between the two.  The other option is to possibly use a C-type electromagnetic coil, which simplifies the operation of the motor and is illustrated in the attached drawing.

In order to fully understand this motor, you must read the link above.  It shows how to wind the coils and the theory behind this motor.

Thanks,

GB

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

Cloxxki

As this is the Half bakes Ideas forum...

What about ways of shielding the influence of an otherwise proximate permanent magnet?

If lead can shield us from radio-active radiation, what about magnetic fields?
Opening/closing a diafragma out of the shielding material (lead or otherwise), with be like an on/off switch.
Or, as people seem to get all excited over: a spinning disc with pre-drilled openings to generate pulse from permanent magnets.

I have the feeling that the solution to big problems is at times overly simple.

Feel free to call me stupid. At this sort of thing, I just am.