Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Rupert Murdoch: “Internet Will Soon Be Over”

Started by Cap-Z-ro, May 08, 2009, 05:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaelin

I am surprised that you have never heard of them.  Well back in the days of the ARPA net, all was mostly done via text. It was really meant for college/k12, gov, and business to share files and info. Well it grew into a monster.
   Before this happened, certain people put up systems for dial in via phone to share files, open email and 'other' things. ;D  Some had private email but most was like this forum, all could read it and reply. You should look for the documentary called Baud, the BBS days. It will take you from the beginning to the end of the era. I loved it so much I was sad to see it go. We had mail call ins from central america at times. Do you remember the apple 2? A lot of boards were run on them in the beginning. We had a state of the art 386 with dual 80 megabyte SCSI hard drives and two dedicated phone lines running at an incredible 14400 baud rate!
   I infact still have the software for it yet on floppys. Damn I'm dating myself for sure.....

thay

Cap-Z-ro

That was before I entered the net scene Thalen.

I went on line in '97 with windows 95 I believe.

That sounds like a great system though...its good we have back up.

I doubt many know of that system today...I'm going to look it up, just in case we need it.

Regards...

Thaelin

That was early 80's when I was active most. When I started out, all
I had was a programable color terminal and a modem. First computer was
a Shak1. 

There will always be a way. And not without a damn good fight too.

thay

fuzzytomcat

The untold story ........ I've got six in my home .......   :o

Fuzzy   ;D

jibbguy

All U.S. residents, please go here and sign the latest Online Petition in support for a bill currently in Congress to stop the telecomm corporations from limiting our access and jacking up our rates for Internet access by implementing "billing schemes" like they already have for cable or satellite television.

These corps DO NOT OWN the internet, they only use it to make Billions in easy profits. Yet they want MORE control over us.... And what they really want is to stop us from using sites like this one.

http://www.freepress.net/