Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

another strange story

Started by FluxAmps, May 13, 2009, 08:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hansvonlieven

Quote from: Yucca on June 02, 2009, 11:19:21 PM
True enough TK, but there´s nothing isnside of us but a bunch of atoms and molecules either. A whole human can be described by 3.4billion base pairs, sounds alot but only equivalent to about 750MB, so you can get  about 6 people on 1 el-cheapo DVDR. Yet we assume we are more than just marionettes reacting to stimuli. We even think we can think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_saUN4j7Gw&feature=related

Ahhh, gotta watch bladerunner again soon, it´s been too long!

WOW, I like this.

I will fit on a DVD with five other arseholes. Will I get to choose who those other pricks are, or don't I get a choice because I am so fucking insignificant?

What a lesson in humility!

I choose not to choose it.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

Yucca

Quote from: hansvonlieven on June 03, 2009, 03:06:37 AM
WOW, I like this.

I will fit on a DVD with five other arseholes. Will I get to choose who those other pricks are, or don't I get a choice because I am so fucking insignificant?

What a lesson in humility!

I choose not to choose it.

Hans von Lieven

Lol, maybe we could increase our significance by making six duplicate copies! Or maybe write hundreds of disks, each containing duplicates along with a touching biography and then post them out like AOL spam disks for safekeeping, jeez, the bins would be full of them! :D

As you've probably heard, many sequences are very common to all of us, and in fact common to most life. Also the genome contains massive amounts of safeguards and error correction codes, to try and ensure completely proper replication. Both these factors lend to large compression possibilities, I'm not sure how compressible lots of people would be, but I would suspect you could fit thousands, probably many more on a DVD.

allcanadian

@Yucca
Quote:
"True enough TK, but there´s nothing isnside of us but a bunch of atoms and molecules either. A whole human can be described by 3.4billion base pairs, sounds alot but only equivalent to about 750MB, so you can get  about 6 people on 1 el-cheapo DVDR. Yet we assume we are more than just marionettes reacting to stimuli. We even think we can think!"

LOL, this is a commom misconception made by almost everyone. You make the mistake in assuming "we" are a static entity which could not be further from the truth. Like everything else "we" are in a continual state of change, "we" are dynamic. As such there is no storage media known that could ever record what we are to any degree because we are never the same as each second ticks by. You have also not fully considered what some refer to as the "me" and "I" scenario, consider what your friends and family think of "you". They may know your body or form, your habit's, like's and dislike's but do they know the intimate part of you that makes all your descisions?. Does your body make these descisions, LOL? If as you propose, that you could be recorded somehow then how can you account for the fact that you alway's have the option of "choice". A choice is the conscious effort of choosing one thing or another, but few have considered "what" makes this choice or "where" we percieve it as happening and that it has no set value until after the fact. There are two parts to "you", what you consider as "me" that everyone including yourself knows of (what you see in the mirror )and then there is the "I" part which only you can truely know. A thinking person who can seperate the "me" and "I" aspects of themselves may understand what they are, we are more than the sum of our parts, while the rest of the persons who only consider themselves as physical things are cursed to walk this earth in ignorance of pretty much everything around them.
Regards
AC
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

innovation_station

Quote from: allcanadian on June 03, 2009, 01:00:27 PM
@Yucca
Quote:
"True enough TK, but there´s nothing isnside of us but a bunch of atoms and molecules either. A whole human can be described by 3.4billion base pairs, sounds alot but only equivalent to about 750MB, so you can get  about 6 people on 1 el-cheapo DVDR. Yet we assume we are more than just marionettes reacting to stimuli. We even think we can think!"

LOL, this is a commom misconception made by almost everyone. You make the mistake in assuming "we" are a static entity which could not be further from the truth. Like everything else "we" are in a continual state of change, "we" are dynamic. As such there is no storage media known that could ever record what we are to any degree because we are never the same as each second ticks by. You have also not fully considered what some refer to as the "me" and "I" scenario, consider what your friends and family think of "you". They may know your body or form, your habit's, like's and dislike's but do they know the intimate part of you that makes all your descisions?. Does your body make these descisions, LOL? If as you propose, that you could be recorded somehow then how can you account for the fact that you alway's have the option of "choice". A choice is the conscious effort of choosing one thing or another, but few have considered "what" makes this choice or "where" we percieve it as happening and that it has no set value until after the fact. There are two parts to "you", what you consider as "me" that everyone including yourself knows of (what you see in the mirror )and then there is the "I" part which only you can truely know. A thinking person who can seperate the "me" and "I" aspects of themselves may understand what they are, we are more than the sum of our parts, while the rest of the persons who only consider themselves as physical things are cursed to walk this earth in ignorance of pretty much everything around them.
Regards
AC

NICE...

when will you know I   LOL

I LOVE IT!

TUNE UP  TUNE IT ...  OR DO IT AGIN....

IST!
To understand the action of the local condenser E in fig.2 let a single discharge be first considered. the discharge has 2 paths offered~~ one to the condenser E the other through the part L of the working circuit C. The part L  however  by virtue of its self induction  offers a strong opposition to such a sudden discharge  wile the condenser on the other hand offers no such opposition ......TESLA..

THE !STORE IS UP AND RUNNING ...  WE ARE TAKEING ORDERS ..  NOW ..   ISTEAM.CA   AND WE CAN AND WILL BUILD CUSTOM COILS ...  OF   LARGER  OUTPUT ...

CAN YOU SAY GOOD BYE TO YESTERDAY?!?!?!?!

hansvonlieven

Quote from: Yucca on June 03, 2009, 10:12:33 AM
Lol, maybe we could increase our significance by making six duplicate copies! Or maybe write hundreds of disks, each containing duplicates along with a touching biography and then post them out like AOL spam disks for safekeeping, jeez, the bins would be full of them! :D

As you've probably heard, many sequences are very common to all of us, and in fact common to most life. Also the genome contains massive amounts of safeguards and error correction codes, to try and ensure completely proper replication. Both these factors lend to large compression possibilities, I'm not sure how compressible lots of people would be, but I would suspect you could fit thousands, probably many more on a DVD.

Yep, just imagine, the whole fucking universe on a 1 terabyte hard drive. Now anyone who can afford a couple of hundred bucks for the drive can play God !!!!!

Not bad for someone only worth 750 MB.  ;)

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx