Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Investing In Wind Power

Started by BobJohnson, May 18, 2009, 03:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobJohnson

Renewable sources of energy are the new concept of energy production. These include harnessing energy from the nature, with the help of advanced technologies. Since nature has a vast source of energy which can be renewed every time, these sources are called renewable sources of energy. The renewable sources of energy include wind energy, solar energy and ocean energy.

Among the renewable sources in use today, wind energy holds a great potential. Studies reveal that the potential of wind power on land and near-shore is 72 terrawatts (TW), which is over five times the world's current energy use in all forms (15 TW from all sources in 2005). This would mean that the total wind power available in the atmosphere is much greater than the current world energy consumption.

Even though wind produces only 1% of the total world energy consumption, its usage is growing rapidly. By 2010, the World Wind Energy Association expects 60GW of capacity to be installed worldwide, up from 73.9 GW at the end of 2006, implying an anticipated net growth rate of more than 21% per year. This would mean that the investments in wind energy will be much greater, in the coming years.

Cloxxki

I'm from the land of the wind mill. At least, we're called that.

I can tell you people tend to hate windmills. They ruin our horizon, and make unwanted noise, especially at night. We just completed a windmill park 10km off the coast. Not sure how many households can be run off that, but it's relatively minor.
If every house or building had a giant windmill on the roof, I'm sure we'd get the electricity we need. The noise would be crazy though, let alone the sight. Time for anti-noise to be put to use here, perhaps?