Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How to spot MIB disinfo agents in forums

Started by the badger, May 26, 2009, 12:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newbie123

Quote from: wattsup on May 26, 2009, 02:46:51 PM

The basic premise is simple. People have a right to expect to meet in an OU forum regarding OU matters and not be continuously subjected to negative harassment which is exactly what this is. Our right to peaceful assembly and interest in OU activities is greater then any one persons right to free expression.

What's the difference between harassment  and skepticism?  I'm sure  lots of people here will  consider skepticism and harassment the same exact thing, even if the skepticism in spoken in a polite manner.

if you can't get with the program, you should be banned. Simple enough. Do this once or twice or three times and the rest of those members will get the message loud and clear and eventually leave on their own or act accordingly.

What is "the program"?   I would love to see an  OU/FE research forum that was more science based.

Until you can measure it, arguing about something can be many things.. But science is not one of them.

hansvonlieven

One of the problems with a forum such as this is that many ideas are regurgitated ad nauseam even though they have been disproved time and time again.

Any writer who is simply pointing this out and gives valid scientific reasons why such a device cannot work immediately gets accused of harassment and negativity.

Banning such people is a disservice to the FE movement and will turn it into a religion instead of a forum that genuinely tries to find ways to generate clean and abundant energy. But then again this is probably just what some people here want.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

wattsup

@Hans

You're just the man I was hoping would land on this thread.

I think we are all adults enough to know what is the difference. It is the continuous and incessant barrage of skepticism that is the problem.

Yes I am an avid Ouer but I still have my fair share of skepticism like anyone else, but we are here for another reason. OU research, building, testing, reporting, etc.

I have had my fair share of explaining why something will not work while also explaining how something would be more plausible. If you analyze the total organized, persistent and highly aggressive onslaught around Mylow in the initial stages of his disclosure, then you listen to him speak on his Video 17 and 19, this was one pissed off cookie.

But please explain to our folks here why we banned @Humbugger on a scale from 1 to 10. Where was he and where have we come to today.

Guys come in as say, it won,t work because it's "impossible". Just great. We accept this and we are finished as a cohesive forum on OU.

hansvonlieven

Humbugger was not banned because he correctly pointed out errors in someone's thinking or in the theories proposed.

Humbugger was banned because of his incessant ad hominem attacks and calling people names and such. Such behaviour correctly should be discouraged, I have no problem with this.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

Bobbotov

Seriously, who did a greater disservice to the FE/OU community, the skeptics or Mylow himself? And if Mylow really delivered the goods and allowed for independent verification and there were some replications that were also verified on what basis would the skeptics then have except to become cynics? I think turning OU.com into a mutual admiration society is a form of inbreeding.