Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Thane Heins Perepiteia Replications

Started by hartiberlin, May 28, 2009, 05:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minde4000

I have grain oriented silicon MICROSIL .014  laminates. Could you tell me if they are suitable/lossy for this application?

http://www.magmet.com/tapewound/materials2.php
http://www.magmet.com/tapewound/microsil.php

Minde

CRANKYpants

Quote from: minde4000 on July 29, 2009, 09:00:02 PM
I have grain oriented silicon MICROSIL .014  laminates. Could you tell me if they are suitable/lossy for this application?

http://www.magmet.com/tapewound/materials2.php
http://www.magmet.com/tapewound/microsil.php

Minde

I'M NO MAGNETICS DESIGNER BUT I LIKE THIS ONE...

Square 50 - 50% Ni/Fe/ alloy, (grain oriented). It offers the highest squareness ratio (lowest saturated reactance) and very high gain. This material has Bm while cores losses are low enough to consider its use in higher frequency applications than the silicon steels. Applications include bi-stable switching devices, inverter transformers, high performance power magnetic amplifiers, linear current transformers, timing devices, driver transformers, and wherever an extremely square loop material, manufactured to close tolerance, is required.

DON'T LIKE THIS ONE...

Microsil - 3% Si/Fe - Oriented Silicon Iron Alloy. This material is generally used for high power, relatively low frequency applications in high performance power transformers, saturable reactors, inverter transformers, magnetic amplifiers (power), current transformers, output transformers, etc. This is the least expensive of the square loop materials and has high maximum flux. The Squareness ratio is lower than for Square 50. The core losses are higher while gain is significantly lower.

AS I SAID EARLIER CORE CHOICE IS REALLY NOT AN ISSUE RIGHT NOW EXCEPT FOR YOUR HEATING PROBLEM WHICH SUGGESTS YOU NEED A HIGHER FREQUENCY CORE MATERIAL.

IT HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED ALREADY THAT MORE EFFICIENT - HIGHER GRADE CORES INCREASE OVERALL PERFORMANCE.

DO YOU HAVE THE MATERIAL NAME RATHER THAN JUST THE THICKNESS?

T

minde4000

Quote from: CRANKYpants on July 29, 2009, 10:22:56 PM
DON'T LIKE THIS ONE...

Microsil - 3% Si/Fe - Oriented Silicon Iron Alloy. This material is generally used for high power, relatively low frequency applications in high performance power transformers, saturable reactors, inverter transformers, magnetic amplifiers (power), current transformers, output transformers, etc. This is the least expensive of the square loop materials and has high maximum flux. The Squareness ratio is lower than for Square 50. The core losses are higher while gain is significantly lower.

AS I SAID EARLIER CORE CHOICE IS REALLY NOT AN ISSUE RIGHT NOW EXCEPT FOR YOUR HEATING PROBLEM WHICH SUGGESTS YOU NEED A HIGHER FREQUENCY CORE MATERIAL.

IT HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED ALREADY THAT MORE EFFICIENT - HIGHER GRADE CORES INCREASE OVERALL PERFORMANCE.

DO YOU HAVE THE MATERIAL NAME RATHER THAN JUST THE THICKNESS?

T

Material name is MICROSIL.  I am gonna have to replace it with something better. It should yield overall better results than I have now with appearantly high core losses when circuit is open.  Would you recommend any other web sites besides magnetic metals?

@Baroutologos

Sorry if I missed in any of your post but what core material are you using?

Minde

baroutologos

Hello Minde,

My coils are I-core elongated from sound equipment. they are 0.3mm, premium quality laminations (claimed) so as to operate without sound distortion at low Khz range. They are rated 500 watts of power.

I am not expert about laminations. But I think its more than fine.

My losses anyway due to cogging torque and eddie/hysteresis etc so far is 7-8 watts for two coils, at low speed range and lower at high speed range. (cogging is the issue not eddies/hysteresis)

Regards,
Baroutologos

baroutologos

Lecturing 101, :)

It has been well observed that accelaration of a passive power-generating coil (when current is allowed to flow through it) can be manifested under certain conditions.

If those conditions are not met, the current flowing creates drag that limits rotation as we all know.

It has also been well observed (not by me so far) that if we have many non-accelarating coils in the same rotor and same phase and connected in series, althouth each one unable to manifest accelaration, all together combined they accelarate just fine.

Perhaps this is another minor issue of great importance to investigate??

Deciphering the patents of old timers
If we take a look at the machines and patents of Bedini, Adams, Kromrey, Muller and so on and so forth, we find a consistent pattern.

MANY COILS ARRANGED IN SERIES. We can assume two things.
1) These inventors never happen to perceive the merits of many turns single coil accelaration
or
2) They have concluded that by series connected, lesser turns coils, is the optimum way anyone to go for power out.

I tend to believe, the second approach and this i am gonna pursue after the multi strand experiments.
Of course, cogging will become THE ISSUE there, but as a saying goes, no pain-no gain :P

Your views pls,

Regards,
Baroutologos