Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

overbalanced chain drive

Started by oscar, June 03, 2009, 12:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helicalred

@ATT,
Your Sprocketless Avalanche Drive is an elegant simplification that should make analysis somewhat easier. If friction were neglected, and all the weights considered massless except for one, then someone with far more expertise in physics and maths than me should be able to develop a formula that expresses the energy that weight acquires on the 'force' side versus the energy required to return it to its original postion up the 'load' side. The difference would be the theoretical energy gifted (to use Murilo's term) to the system by that weight alone.

Maybe an inner weight and an outer weight should be considered simultaneously as they follow slightly different paths.

@Murilo
I do admire your drawings - they really help maintain a coherent discussion. Good luck with your build.

Regards, Bill

murilo

Wow...
Thanks for your words, guys.
I`ll pretend that Fletcher is not been sarcastic, since for years he was a hard opposition to avalanchedrive.
Actually, a computer full simulation for the shape in ``U`` would be enough to a good conclusion.
See you!
Murilo  SP june/10th

maxpesh

Go ahead and build it, it will definitely work. More detailed plans are available in the practical guide to free energy pdf manual from Patrick J Kelly and he even improves on the device by a good amount. Can't wait to see one in action. Good luck :-)

murilo

Quote from: maxpesh on February 15, 2013, 03:31:20 AM
Go ahead and build it, it will definitely work. More detailed plans are available in the practical guide to free energy pdf manual from Patrick J Kelly and he even improves on the device by a good amount. Can't wait to see one in action. Good luck :-)

Max, thanx for your words!
I keep working, alone, on this and I'm glad that Patrick sent it in his manual.
Time will come when a good computer simulation will come!
Take a look at the condensed pile in my model.
Best regards!
Murilo

murilo

Quote from: Gianna on February 15, 2013, 04:02:43 PM
This device will not work. Like any 'overbalanced' device it shares the characteristic that there is no net energy production per revolution. Any energy gained during the descent of the heavy side is exactly equal or less than the amount of energy required to raise this mass back to the starting position.

In a frictionless world this device would continue to rotate, as no energy would be lost per revolution, and it would be perpetual motion. However, so would a perfectly balanced wheel and that would be much simpler to build.

In the real world friction would stop the device quickly.

Gianna, thanx for your appreciation, which I don't agree.
Relatively to all mass of the set, the ACTIVE friction is very small, with opening and shutting angles on small axles of chain.
This means that the vertical mechanic contact is beneficial, since a provisional assembling is part of the 'trick'.
We have a grounded axle that deal to both sides with different potentials...
Well, when starting ANY moving the gravity acceleration rules will play, with a quadratic application on results - non linear.
This is very easy to see: the heavier side will go down just like heavier side of a seesaw.
Best!
Murilo