Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Claimed OU circuit of Rosemary Ainslie

Started by TinselKoala, June 16, 2009, 09:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileHigh

Hey Hoppy,

Can you provide more information about each of those pairs of scope shots?  You have to remember when you are working in your own "bubble" it all seems so clear.  Step outside of the bubble and you would see that it might not be as self evident as you think.  I know that I can be a pain, but my preference is to know exactly where each probe channel's ground and signal leads are connected.  I do not take it for granted that each scope channel's ground clip is connected to the circuit ground.

I'm not sure if you are showing a 555 output or not.  That's a critical question because we are looking at the possibility that the 555 circuit is subject to outside influence, and may be spontaneously increasing in frequency.  Nor do I see a trace that looks like a familiar shunt resistor waveform.

You should also try to show two or three cycles max on your display, and adjust the vertical gain on each channel to make a nice display.  Stating what the vertical gain for each channel is important, as well as the time base.  Stating where the ground reference for each channel is is also very important.  Something as simple as a small piece of masking tape with a horizontal line marked on it and then placed on the left edge of the scope display for each channel would do the trick.  If the channel is AC or DC coupled can sometimes be very important to mention also.

This also applies to Aaron or anyone else that wants to submit scope shots.  Going the full distance to provide clear information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

MileHigh

MileHigh

TK:

I have another suggestion to reduce the "555 oscillator agony."  My solution is to use two 555s in series.  Radical man!  lol  The first 555 is just a free-running oscillator, a.k.a. "bistable multivibrator."  You can lay it out on your breadboard and just swap your main timing capacitor and trimpot + series resistor combination to your hearts content to get any frequency sweep range you want.

The output of the first 555 connects to a second 555 configured as a "one shot", a.k.a. "monostable multivibrator."  For this you also have a main timing capacitor and and trimpot + series resistor combination to determine the time constant for the monostable multivibrator.

With this dual-555 combination you can make a oscillator that runs at just about ANY frequency and gives you ANY duty cycle.  It is very easy to do and can put all of the 555 agony to bed.

For those that need a schematic, just type in "555 application notes" and find your favourite "astable multivibrator" and "monostable multivibrator" circuits.  These two circuits are the most basic 555 designs around.

If you really want to finish this off properly, find a good standard CMOS "line driver" hex inverter chip that has high-current-drive outputs.  It is extremely important to have symmetrical current sourcing and sinking capabilities for driving the gate input of the MOSFET so make sure that the buffer/inverter chip you use is symmetrical.  Note that all of the unused inputs on the hex inverter chip shoud be tied to ground.  This is not trivial, it is extremely important.

You can run your 555 monostable multivibrator output into two cascaded inverters so that you have high-current-drive standard and complimentary outputs.  This could be very handy if you want a quick and easy way to switch from a 5% duty-cycle waveform to a 95% duty cycle waveform.

If you build this dual-555 + high-current-drive hex inverter chip setup on a single breadboard then chances are you will never need to make another 555 circuit again.  The only thing that you may need to do from time to time is change the timing components.

MileHigh

SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AARON:  So do you like the design above Aaron?  If yes build it and make good use of it.  However, it is time for you to stop making a COMPLETE FOOL OF YOURSELF by trying to claim that myself and other "skeptics" have no clue of what we are talking about.  Stop making yourself look like a pathetic dumb-assed bitch and get your act together.  Get out of your hopeless pathetic spin zone and GET REAL.

On that topic did you say August 20th was the delivery date for the DSO?  So what is your test plan Aaron?  Are you going to try my suggestion or what?   You have been asked about five times now.  EVERYBODY on both sites wants to know what it is.

If you never reveal what you are going to do, and then try to claim that you found over unity, then you are f*cked, pure and simple.  No one will believe you and you may as well shut down your web site and go crawl into a hole.

One more time, DO NOT try to claim that I don't know what I am talking about.  Is that LOUD AND CLEAR AARON?

Hoppy

Quote from: MileHigh on August 12, 2009, 12:31:17 PM
Hey Hoppy,

Can you provide more information about each of those pairs of scope shots?  You have to remember when you are working in your own "bubble" it all seems so clear.  Step outside of the bubble and you would see that it might not be as self evident as you think.  I know that I can be a pain, but my preference is to know exactly where each probe channel's ground and signal leads are connected.  I do not take it for granted that each scope channel's ground clip is connected to the circuit ground.

I'm not sure if you are showing a 555 output or not.  That's a critical question because we are looking at the possibility that the 555 circuit is subject to outside influence, and may be spontaneously increasing in frequency.  Nor do I see a trace that looks like a familiar shunt resistor waveform.

You should also try to show two or three cycles max on your display, and adjust the vertical gain on each channel to make a nice display.  Stating what the vertical gain for each channel is important, as well as the time base.  Stating where the ground reference for each channel is also very important.  Something as simple as a small piece of masking tape with a horizontal line marked on it and then placed on the left edge of the scope display for each channel would do the trick.  If the channel is AC or DC coupled can sometimes be very important to mention also.

This also applies to Aaron or anyone else that wants to submit scope shots.  Going the full distance to provide clear information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

MileHigh

Hi MH

I have not altered my probes. Both grounds are on battery 0V and the probes on the shunt resistor and mosfet drain. Timebase is 1mS. Top trace is 20V per div and bottom trace 1V per div.

Hoppy

allcanadian

@milehigh
Quote:
"SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AARON:  So do you like the design above Aaron?  If yes build it and make good use of it.  However, it is time for you to stop making a COMPLETE FOOL OF YOURSELF by trying to claim that myself and other "skeptics" have no clue of what we are talking about.  Stop making yourself look like a pathetic dumb-assed bitch and get your act together.  Get out of your hopeless pathetic spin zone and GET REAL."

You may want to take a real good hard look in the mirrror, I have never met a technical person as you claim to be act so immature and quite frankly I find your behaviour as an embarrassment to anyone who calls themselves a proffessional.
Regards
AC
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

MileHigh

Quote Aaron, he has the DSO!!!  Fantastic!!

QuoteI think it is clear that any claims that the spike can't get to the battery and that the spike is insignificant, etc... are all completely laughable at this point. I already saw this on drawdown tests but this is just icing on the cake.

It looks like from the shot of the DSO display that it is telling him that the spike and ring-down are 6.76 microseconds wide.  From the scope display it is safe to say the the main spike that he is getting all excited about is less than 0.5 microseconds wide.  That's LESS THAN 500 NANOseconds.

Aaron, the spike IS INSIGNIFICANT, and what you are saying is the thing that is truly laughable.

Honestly this all gets me depressed to the extent of my limited emotional involvement in this project.

I just can't see Aaron getting his act together.  He has been told over and over that a spike going back to the battery that has a very narrow pulse width will contain only a very small and insignificant amount of energy.  He has also been told repeatedly that the original source for the spike energy is in fact the battery.

In a way, it is unbelievable.  Aaron is not in the "real world" when he is working with circuits on the bench, he has his own reality.  It's truly a shame considering what a nice piece of high technology that DSO is.

MileHigh