Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Claimed OU circuit of Rosemary Ainslie

Started by TinselKoala, June 16, 2009, 09:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Quote from: 0c on July 30, 2009, 09:17:58 PM
So, is this Ainslie thing put to bed yet?

Getting cranky, are we? Maybe it's time for a nap.

Meanwhile, I finally BLEW UP something with the Ainslie circuit.
Using the same technique as in the last video, irfpg50 mosfet, MUR1100E diode...and...
I was charging a bigger cap, using a much larger inductance as the load (an electromagnet really, 2.35 milliHenry) and I was able to reach over 600 volts, and would have gone higher--but the SHUNT resistor blew up with a sharp bang, and the irfpg50 mosfet failed as well.
I was pulsing with the DP-101, using a short duty cycle (10-20 percent) and sweeping frequencies...I think I was at about 16 kHz or so for the high voltages. 660 volts on the capacitor, about, when the thing blew--some actual power in there. I don't think the cap discharged; it still had the 600 volts on it after the resistor blew.
It was pretty exciting, and also puzzling, as it took a few moments for me to figure out what all had blown.
I'm glad I'm wearing glasses. I also blew up (literally) a heavyduty LED on this circuit.

TinselKoala

Hey 0c, maybe you are the one to ask about a little problem I'm having. I'm trying to get a Velleman k8055 board to work with my new-old Ubuntu Linux laptop.
The board works fine with Windblows but I want to use it on linux of course.
I've downloaded this package of code:
http://libk8055.sourceforge.net/
and I seem to have all the prerequisites mentioned: gcc, libusb, newest kernel, and a few they don't mention like swig, python, wxwidgets.
The problem is that I follow the instructions, but the code won't compile. The "make" returns errors and I've forgotten how to figure it out.
This is a real Grrr for me. lsusb reports the card's name and address fine, dmesg reports it plugging in and out, the 2.6.30.3 kernel is supposed to include a driver for the 8055...but the only bunch of software I can find won't compile and I can't figure out why.
At least I went through a day, adding and fiddling, making sure the prereq packages were there, and so I got a little further up the error tree...but still no complete compile.
:'(

(this card will make it easy to do datalogging from, for example, a coil with a magnet pendulizing above it, and lots of other stuff too "trivial" to break out the HPIB instruments or the LabView DAQ system...)

0c

Quote from: TinselKoala on July 30, 2009, 11:52:53 PM
Hey 0c, maybe you are the one to ask about a little problem I'm having.

It'll have to wait til I get to one of my Linux boxes tomorrow. I'm afraid all I have is SuSE and RedHat enterprise systems at the moment, so even if I manage to build it, there might be some differences with Ubuntu. And I don't have the board, so I wouldn't be able to test or validate the library afterwards.

I downloaded the 8055 source and looked at the Makefile. It looks like a pretty simple build. I haven't looked at the dependencies yet though.

I could probably help more if I could see the actual error messages you are getting. Here's a good opportunity to use that email address of mine.

OC

0c

Quote from: TinselKoala on July 30, 2009, 11:52:53 PM
Hey 0c, maybe you are the one to ask about a little problem I'm having.

TK, No problem here on SuSE SLES 10 with the standard development environment. Maybe you have a stripped down set of libraries or something? Built with no errors right out of the box.

All I did was extract sources from libusb-1.0.2.tar.bz2
  cd libusb-1.0.2
  ./configure
  make
  make install

Extracted sources from libk8055.0.4.tar.gz
  cd src
  make
  make install

If you could send me some error messages, maybe I could give you an idea what's wrong.

TinselKoala

Quote from: 0c on July 31, 2009, 01:28:30 PM
TK, No problem here on SuSE SLES 10 with the standard development environment. Maybe you have a stripped down set of libraries or something? Built with no errors right out of the box.

All I did was extract sources from libusb-1.0.2.tar.bz2
  cd libusb-1.0.2
  ./configure
  make
  make install

Extracted sources from libk8055.0.4.tar.gz
  cd src
  make
  make install

If you could send me some error messages, maybe I could give you an idea what's wrong.

Darn. I was afraid of that. Thanks, btw, I appreciate your looking at the code.
I'll trap the error output and make a file that I will post to you, later tonight. I think the libusb went in all right.