Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Claimed OU circuit of Rosemary Ainslie

Started by TinselKoala, June 16, 2009, 09:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qiman

Quote from: MileHigh on August 07, 2009, 06:07:31 PM
Aaron:

Explain why the "resonance" gives you the "greatest heat production for minimum input?"  You say this ALL the time.  Step up to the plate and back up your statement with an explanation.

This is the real world Aaron, you have to back up your statements with a logical explanation.

MileHigh

Why should I do your work for you? You have been 100% mouth and haven't even posted a picture of a circuit! Pen jockey nonsense.... a dime a dozen.

jibbguy

M-H: "Beat Freq's" and moire patterns on a LCD screen have nothing to do with Aliasing effects. Where did you get that idea?

The only determiner for Aliasing is the channel's Sample Rate. Most of these have an automatic Frequency Response low-pass filter to virtually eliminate this anyway. So what ever we are seeing there is has nothing to do with Aliasing. Lol but it does appear to have something to do with people getting testy about results that don't fit their world-view ;)

The display's time base settings are independent of the sample rate. If he decided to show 5 or 6 primary cycles on screen, it was to best display what he is describing, as an Envelope. If you don't like his time base setting that's too bad... He wasn't going for a measurement, or to show the individual waveforms to best advantage, he was showing the oscillation effect so others' know what to look for.

But there certainly is a difference with a CRT tube scope's display that we can see here; and that is unless it is a "high phosphorus" model (usually only used in slow applications like medical), it will not have nearly as much Trace Persistence as the flat screens do... Meaning that the spikes may stay a few milliseconds longer on an LCD (..or whatever specific type of flat screen), than on a tube. Thus the LCD's can actually be slightly more useful for seeing transient/ aperiodic/ non-repetitive waveforms than CRT tube models (dependent on their phosphorus / persistence level which is pretty low in most 'scopes); because the transients will show up for a little longer. This has a lot to do with the effect we are seeing on the Fluke's screen.

And it is ignorant and wrong to dis LCD screen scopes simply for their "screens"... It is a meaningless distinction compared to the real specifications of importance like digital resolution, maximum sample rate, frequency response, DC voltage accuracy, internal memory size & interface, and the built-in calculation features. Most of the very expensive DSO's have transited away from CRT's anyway and now use flat screens.... There is nothing inherently "better" in CRT's, and in fact they are just a pain, and even more expensive to manufacture these days than flat screens.

Of course freeze frames of the running oscillation effect ("sample and holds" on a DSO that are then sent to PC for later analysis), will prove once and for all if these waveforms are aperiodic or not. And we are looking forward to seeing some in the near future ;)

MileHigh

Aaron:

Congratulations on making the breakthrough on the display artifacts.  Finally!

QuoteWhy should I do your work for you? You have been 100% mouth and haven't even posted a picture of a circuit! Pen jockey nonsense.... a dime a dozen.

You continue to evade the issue.  This is your big pitch about this circuit, "resonance" gives you better results.  It looks to me like you are running and hiding.  You have to be able to back this statement up, it's your main point, time for you to get real.  You must have an explanation.

MileHigh

Cap-Z-ro

"(quote)
Why should I do your work for you?"

Why stop at 93 pages of this slow motion train wreck of a debate ?

I only know 1 dog in this fight...and due to his past history of reasoned responses and cooperative interaction in other technical discussions, my money is where yucca sits.

Regards...

MileHigh

Jibbguy:

Yes, there can be aliasing related to the A/D sample rate.  Each pixel on the display is just another sample of the data in memory and has its associated "sample rate", hence the aliasing.

QuoteThe display's time base settings are independent of the sample rate.

Not the case.  The scope will adjust its A/D sample rate based on the time base setting.  If not the scope would likely run out of memory for the slower time base settings.

MileHigh