Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Comments on the new website design and especially the front page layout

Started by capthook, July 03, 2009, 03:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mscoffman

Quote from: capthook on June 06, 2010, 06:26:44 PM
Wow - 18 whole topics listed on the front page recent topics  :(

I keep hoping someday this section will be expanded - what happened to the new software update that was going to improve this 6 months ago?

Remember the good-old-days when there where like 100+ recent topics on the front page?
Sure made it easy to see what was going on, what was of interest, what the popular topics are etc. etc. etc.

But I guess my request will fall on deaf ears as with only 18 recent topics listed, this post will very quickly fall into obscurity just like so many other revelent and interesting posts!   >:(

I understand why this is the way it is. It's expensive from the database
server's access standpoint to create the front page. If you don't have
the database resolver then things quickly get out of synchronization and
message base then "blows up".

But here is an idea: Fit a button between "Home" and "Forum" that would
be like an extended front page, containing more items in historical sequence
but have it be non-automatic so everyone is not beating the database server
down all at once. The way it is now is idiosyncratic because if someone doesn't
boost it up a message gets lost and you have to worry about someones spam
messages shoving valid posts off the front page into no man's land. A task
MIBS might enjoy doing. >:(

:S:MarkSCoffman

nightlife

PLEASE EITHER DELETE THE YOUTUBE FOOTAGE ON MAIN PAGE OR ATLEAST MAKE IT NOT START PLAYING UNTIL A MEMBER CLICKS ON IT TO MAKE IT START PLAYING.
It is becoming a pain in the ass to deal with everytime I log on and or go back to the main page when surfing this site. Plus it makes it take longer to log on.

PLEASE DEAL WITH THIS ASAP.

Pirate88179

Quote from: nightlife on October 09, 2011, 12:18:41 AM
PLEASE EITHER DELETE THE YOUTUBE FOOTAGE ON MAIN PAGE OR ATLEAST MAKE IT NOT START PLAYING UNTIL A MEMBER CLICKS ON IT TO MAKE IT START PLAYING.
It is becoming a pain in the ass to deal with everytime I log on and or go back to the main page when surfing this site. Plus it makes it take longer to log on.

PLEASE DEAL WITH THIS ASAP.

If you use firefox and the no-script add-on the video will not even show up unless you want it to.  That is what I do because yes, it is a real pain.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Lakes

+1 for Noscript addon, an absolute requirement for this website! :)