Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Magnetic Resonance Devices based on Don Smith Concepts

Started by xenomorphlabs, July 25, 2009, 08:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xee2

@ stprue

Quote from: stprue on September 05, 2009, 09:03:35 AM
No I wanted something accurate so I bought one.  Here is the link!  Lots of good stuff here but not always the cheapest.

http://www.amazing1.com/sparkgap.htm

Great find. Thanks for the info.

stprue

Quote from: xee2 on September 05, 2009, 10:11:59 AM
@ stprue

Great find. Thanks for the info.

No problem xee.  If you are working with lower voltages the spark gap will be very close and something precise really helps out! 

Yucca

Quote from: stprue on September 05, 2009, 08:59:57 AM
Here is the little driver and it's worth the $4.95 

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G16565

I through this together quick but the neon won't light unless I'm touching it, it is reaching with me, so the more surface area of my fingers that are touching it the more it lights up.  It will also light if touch the caps as well and if I remove the red hiarpin wire it stays lit fully....I can actually see little electrical sparks inside it.  I haven't noticed this but after my spark gap is put together it will be a lot easier to test stuff.  Right now it's just placed by hand.

I wish I had a scope.
Hi sptrue

You inspired me to try a hairpin on my protoboard last night. My caps were too big to get a small wire going. So just for kicks I threw a 22 turn toroid choke accross it instead of a hairpin wire. It is wound with twincore bellwire which has a shield layer of aluminium foil around it.

I gave my HV module 6V it took 180mA (so about 1W).

After running and playing with it for maybe ten minutes I noticed that the whole choke heated to quite warm to the touch, this level of heating was suprising as the choke has quite a mass it´s about 3CM diam. I may try some rough calorimetry on it. Every other component in HV module and also the hairpin caps remained at room temp thereabouts.

I also tried using the secondary choke wind to draw power off and lit a neon real bright and as you say through the bright orange glow I could see pinhead sized violet discharges dancing over the surface of each electrode.

I also tried a 1ohm 5W resistor across instead of hairpin wire. Using my scope I worked out the average power showing across it, it came out at close to 10W, I was extatic COP10 :o until I realised all of the power was seen in a 5MHz ringdown because the resistor has inductance to it and so the power factor of this oscillation would be very low :(

edit:
I´ve no doubt you´ll end up getting a scope in the end. If you live in the states then you should start keeping your eye on 2nd hand tektronix (or other qual brand) scopes on ebay. Not with a view to buy right away per-se but sometimes you get a real bargain passing through, especially if youre only after analog. I find when the auction ends at an ungodly hour less people are awake to battle at the end.

stprue

Quote from: Yucca on September 05, 2009, 11:01:33 AM
Hi sptrue

You inspired me to try a hairpin on my protoboard last night. My caps were too big to get a small wire going. So just for kicks I threw a 22 turn toroid choke accross it instead of a hairpin wire. It is wound with twincore bellwire which has a shield layer of aluminium foil around it.

I gave my HV module 6V it took 180mA (so about 1W).

After running and playing with it for maybe ten minutes I noticed that the whole choke heated to quite warm to the touch, this level of heating was suprising as the choke has quite a mass it´s about 3CM diam. I may try some rough calorimetry on it. Every other component in HV module and also the hairpin caps remained at room temp thereabouts.

I also tried using the secondary choke wind to draw power off and lit a neon real bright and as you say through the bright orange glow I could see pinhead sized violet discharges dancing over the surface of each electrode.

I also tried a 1ohm 5W resistor across instead of hairpin wire. Using my scope I worked out the average power showing across it, it came out at close to 10W, I was extatic COP10 :o until I realised all of the power was seen in a 5MHz ringdown because the resistor has inductance to it and so the power factor of this oscillation would be very low :(

edit:
I´ve no doubt you´ll end up getting a scope in the end. If you live in the states then you should start keeping your eye on 2nd hand tektronix (or other qual brand) scopes on ebay. Not with a view to buy right away per-se but sometimes you get a real bargain passing through, especially if youre only after analog. I find when the auction ends at an ungodly hour less people are awake to battle at the end.

I will get a scope some day.

Your tests sound pretty interesting.  I'm still working out how the led on my other circuit is lighting but it looks like it has something to do with the + rail and a few other factors.  Anyway I will figure it out!!! 

Instead of a choke try a power inductor like in my pic.  It works ok. I think the radiant event is taking place off the tungsten electrodes so that is where I think it could be captured.....maybe  ;D