Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Karl Palsness Hairpin circuit

Started by spiralout, August 24, 2009, 05:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forest

I will say shortly because it's become tiring
Tesla found RF and was first enthusiastic about it especially with light phenomena and new phosphorescent bulbs. Then in 1895 everything changed. I would like to know if he knew about Edison etheric force articles ,that would be interesting. However  from 1895 it was NO RF produced in Tesla devices, never ever.Keep it and think about it.

BEP

"High voltage energy not converted burns your hands when you touch the wire...just try and touch an ham radio antenna even at low power. I am a armature radio operator and can tell you it hurts...real bad!!"

I have.....many times....it depends upon where it is touched, the frequency, the type of antenna, etc. If Karl was really a HAM he would know this. If he is, he must have a ticket from a country that doesn't report licensing. He isn't recorded in the U.S. or Canadian databases.

Since Tesla was declared the true father of radio I think there is a pretty good chance some of his later devices emitted RF. Declaring that nothing he built after a certain date produced RF is a pretty bold statement. Time travel with a spectrum analyzer would confirm this.

Stop the arguing and believe no one. Either run the experiments or don't pollute the thoughts and beliefs of others. I'm not interested in repeating my experiments for the benefit of others. They wouldn't believe the results anyway. When religious fervor is at this level the 'armature radio operators' won't believe their own results -or- they simply won't understand them.

This dog is done barking up this tree. Nothing worth catching here.

sparks

Bep you know radios and standing wave ratios and the heating effects or power losses due to internodal  currents flowing inside the coax when you dont have a match.  If you give an alternate discharge path for the internodal currents your heating effect does useful work.  You know what happens to finals when the swr gets to high.  You know why they had to go to cyclotrons when they tried to pump microwaves.
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

BEP

Quote from: sparks on January 23, 2010, 10:43:55 AM
   Bep you know radios and standing wave ratios and the heating effects or power losses due to internodal  currents flowing inside the coax when you dont have a match.  If you give an alternate discharge path for the internodal currents your heating effect does useful work.  You know what happens to finals when the swr gets to high.  You know why they had to go to cyclotrons when they tried to pump microwaves.

Yes, I do. All of that. Except the cyclotron part. They aren't required to 'pump' microwaves. Microwave cavities of almost all forms, in addition to waveguides, can result in longitudinal EM action.

The conversion that happens is to heat, primarily.

I'm not saying Tesla was wrong, by any means. I'm saying he had a more in-depth understanding of all these things and a different base of knowledge. Since we don't have the same points of reference his works are like translating a different language. 

What pains me is people attempting replications of his experiments and declaring something that is easily explained with basic wave propagation principles as something it isn't. More painful is folks repeating the work and not even understanding what they see. The most painful, is when folks don't do the work, obviously have no understanding of basics and think they have the right to make declarations.

Enough of my yapping. I'll excuse myself from this thread. I shouldn't have even entered this comment.

albert

well, I have been thinking about the Hairpin now for some time. I see the analogy to a laser. You create a standing wave in the resonator and out comes a different form of energy. I have seen other demonstrations where they lit a 120 V/100W halogen bulb on a hair thin wire across the room with the hairpin. Is this just RF? for the filament to glow this bright you need AMPS.
The hairpin is different from the lecher line. This is usually demonstrated by using semiconductors or a small solid state transmitter as the input. Tesla used the stuff available to him at the time- spark gaps and " brute force". A spark gap is a broad band emitter. the fact that the spark intensifies shows that the energy is reflected in the hairpin circuit and back thru the spark gap. Let me make the connection to Hector torrez (the rotoverter guy) who says that Radiant is RF - created in a resonator with a standing wave where voltage and current are out of phase. this is the effect happening in the hairpin- you get voltage and current nodes - so far nothing exotic- but what is the nature of the energy in these nodes? can there be voltage without current or just current without voltage? what will happen when one applies this energy to a water cell for instance?
I think the hairpin is  probably the easiest way to create larger amounts of RE. Correct me if I'm wrong- I'm just a layman, but I'd like to know more about this.
BTW: I work in a theater where we use Thyristor dimmers. Years ago we had problems when we connected only a small load to the dimmer the thyristor would burn out. could this because the leads make up a transmission line, the energy gets reflected back into the circuit instead of being used at the end of the line. You have caps and a choke coil as parts of the dimmer, and the way the dimmer works is to turn off the power at a certain point and then turn it on again. This makes for sharp edges of the waveform and a lot of harmonics....so all the ingredients are there...why should a 2 kilowatt thyristor with TWO fuses in both lines burn out when the load is not strong enough??