Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tesla coils and CFLs.

Started by flathunter, August 27, 2009, 06:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xee2

@ lathunter

Quote from: flathunter on August 27, 2009, 01:00:36 PM
Is this correct?

No. The CFL ratings are not what you are lighting them with. They can be turned on with less than 15 milliwatts.

I do not know how to measure the output power of Tesla coil. Maybe you should start thread with that question and see if anyone else knows.

You might want to try tuning your pickup coils to the output frequency of the Tesla coil by putting a capacitor in parallel with the pickup coil. This will increase the voltage across the the pickup coil. You can google LC resonance to find out what size capacitor once you know the freqency and coil inductance. You will need a frequency meter to measure the frequency. You will need an inductance meter to measure the inductance of the pickup coil.

flathunter

Thanks for the info Xee2.

I had a feeling it may not be so simple!  I suppose thats why the J.Thief is able to light such big CFLs on such small batteries.

I think there is already a thread entitled ''how do i measure the output of a T.Coil.''  but only 1 reply and no answers are forthcoming  ???

Have I, at least, measured the input power correctly?  Do I just look at my NST ratings?  what do you reckon?  You seem like a knowledgeable chap!

I assumed the large piece of iron being used as ground was kind of acting like a capacitor - like i said, i see things (perhaps too..) simply.  and i look at my T.Coil...and its a big coil, with a large piece of metal on top (aluminium) acting as a capacitor.  Then i look at my receiver coil and its a big coil (or 3 big coils) with a large piece of metal (iron) at the bottom.

what do you think?  so many questions, i know  ;D

xee2

@ flathunter

Quote from: flathunter on August 27, 2009, 02:40:41 PM
Have I, at least, measured the input power correctly? 

I am not sure what a 6500V NST is. But measuring AC power is very tricky. You need to know the RMS voltage, the RMS current, and the phase angle. If you can convert it to DC then it is simply amps times volts.

flathunter

Sorry NST means Neon Sign Transformer

Sounds complicated! ::)

xee2

Quote from: flathunter on August 27, 2009, 03:50:07 PM
Sorry NST means Neon Sign Transformer

Sounds complicated! ::)

If you assume you have 6500 volts RMS and 23 ma RMS and that phase angle is zero, then you can compute the maximum possible power coming in using 6500 x 0.0.023.