Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

I see an economic diasater coming...

Started by the_big_m_in_ok, September 03, 2009, 01:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the American economy will ever improve?

Yes, definitely
Possibly, in the long run
No, it will worsen
Undecided

Cap-Z-ro

If you think that you have a fairly firm grasp on all things money driven, this may be a bit of an eye opener for some...I have passing acquaintance with some these subjects on the site below...none of this really surprising when you consider human nature.

http://www.newpeopleorder.com/

" ALL CURRENCY IN THE WORLD IS TOXIC RESULTING IN THE FOLLOWING:

1. You are legally a debtor and chattel (property) owned by a hidden creditor. "

I consider myself 'unnumerate'...but it was easy for even me to understand after hearing these 2 guys being interviewed...coincidentally, this stuff has been eating away at me in the background for sometime, off and on...but more so lately.

Regards...

ATT

Quote from: exxcomm0n on September 22, 2009, 08:49:29 AM
Stockpile knowledge as much as any other commodity.

A couple of years ago, I started putting together resources I thought would be helpful if our infrastructure and access to information failed.

At first, it was just a collection of files with no particular organization but as I collected more resources, I decided they had to be more accessable and easier to use, so I thought about a database.

I run an Apache server locally that mirrors my web-server so I can test php code before uploading it to the main server. This means I also have a MySQL database available on my desktop machine, I figured this would be one way to organize my files (since that's how I drive my site).

But then I thought better of it.

What I needed was a way to access all my information easily, from one console with minimum software dependencies.

The other requirements were that it had to be self-contained, cross-platform compatible with *nix, win and mac and easy enough to maintain that it didn't require an IT guru.

I settled on PDF.

I built a directory-structure that was sensible (and extensable).
I converted any files I wanted to include to PDF (if they weren't already).
I stored the files in logical locations in the directory tree.

I then made another PDF file that was just a 'picture', since it's only purpose would be to act as a front-end. I then bookmarked every file I had put into my directory-tree from this front-end.

(I said it was technically 'easy', I didn't say it wouldn't be 'tedious').

The locations of the files on-disk do not have to reflect where they are shown on the bookmark nav-bar in Acrobat. Since bookmarks are just pointers, you are free to organize (or re-organize) the presentation-layer any way you see fit without moving any files on your drive.

The result was that any file (including full-books, which I have a lot of) could be accessed from this one location, the files are easily browsed and you can even have a modicum of 'searchability' since Adobe Reader includes that capability.

I've included a couple of screenshots of the setup, pretty much anybody can put this sort of thing together.

So far, it's about 1.5 Gigs. I used InnoSetup to build a distribution (setup) file so I could get a copy to my daughter and still maintain the directory structure, but it still weighs-in at over 700 megs after compressing, so it's not a downloadable item. I put it on a SanDisk and sent it to her.

You could do the same thing using HTML but it would require a browser, Acrobat Reader or another PDF browser-plugin and involve a lot of hand-editing anytime you wanted to add to the files you wanted your HTML to access.

With Acrobat, the work is reduced to pretty much a 'point and click' edit cycle and only requires Acrobat Reader (which is free) to access.

If you don't have Acrobat-Pro (which provides you with the Distiller printer-driver), you can substitute PDF-Creator, which is available free from sourceforge.net (you'll need this to convert and 'create' some PDF files to get this going, after all).

Although this is a self-sufficiency collection, you could do this for an 'overunity' collection (or any subject with a lot of reference material), as well.

Screenshots:

spoondini

This topic is not really an offshoot of the overunity discussions, but I couldn't help but chime in.

I've noticed a common theme regarding the economic calamity upon us due to outsourcing/offshoring and comments regarding how both countries sustain economic damage.

If this is true when I trade across an invisible line (say the Mexico/US border), then why is it not true when I trade across the invisible line between my home and my neighbors home or the invisible line between New York and New Jersey?

Should we stop trading all together and survive based only on our own productive efforts (can't use any tools you traded for....)?

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that it's obvious that trade and division of labor yield benefits to all involved - I make the pizza and you brew the beer and we exchange.  It has also been 'reasonably demonstrated' that the larger the trade area/more people involved the rewards become even greater.  The US grew to be an global economic powerhouse partially due to the inability of states to put up trade barriers between each other resulting in an ENOURMOUS marketplace.  Many nations have emulated the approach with neighboring nations, and liberalized internal trade, and one of the results has been an unarguable massive reduction in the % of the world population living in poverty.

So the question is, where is the invisible line that determines when trade is beneficial versus detrimental?

ATT

Quote from: Cap-Z-ro on September 22, 2009, 05:03:37 PM
If you think that you have a fairly firm grasp on all things money driven, this may be a bit of an eye opener for some...http://www.newpeopleorder.com/

A few posts back, I listed a few marketing-ploys that are commonly used to separate people from their money.

To reiterate, the accepted formula is:

* Promote fear
* Suspend Disbelief
* Sell Hope

I'd say this guy knows his (marketing) stuff.

With this in mind, do you -really- think the guy that's promoting this is named Ronald MacDonald?

Whois Record
domain:                          newpeopleorder.com
created:                         26-Sep-2008
last-changed:                 15-Nov-2008
registration-expiration:     26-Sep-2009

nserver:                         ns57.1and1.com 74.208.2.9
nserver:                         ns58.1and1.com 74.208.3.8

registrant-firstname:            Ronald
registrant-lastname:            Mac Donald

registrant-organization:        Complaint Magazine and News
registrant-street1:              18920 Hidden Valley Rd
registrant-pcode:                95446
registrant-state:                 CA
registrant-city:                   Guerneville
registrant-ccode:                US
registrant-phone:                +1.7078691993
registrant-email:               

If you're going to buy anything from this site, you'd better hurry up, it goes down on the 26th if he doesn't re-up soon.

ATT

Quote from: spoondini on September 22, 2009, 05:43:28 PM
So the question is, where is the invisible line that determines when trade is beneficial versus detrimental?

It's not a physical boundary or a national border, it's the idea that profit can be increased by overly excluding the consumers who provide the income in the trade-circuit.

This results in diminishing returns as time goes on and has been exemplified repeatedly by the exodus of good paying manufacturing and other jobs from the U.S. economy.

QuoteIf this is true when I trade across an invisible line (say the Mexico/US border), then why is it not true when I trade across the invisible line between my home and my neighbors home or the invisible line between New York and New Jersey?

Because the money stays in the country. Your neighbors buy things in the country. This creates and/or maintains yet other jobs in the country.

QuoteThe US grew to be an global economic powerhouse partially due to the inability of states to put up trade barriers between each other resulting in an ENOURMOUS marketplace

The difference here is that there is a normalization of labor costs in states and countries that enjoy roughly the same standard of living. Largely, the States are contiguous, and so it is with Europe so economic interchange has commonly beneficial results.

How would the above compare the standard of living in China or Mexico?
That's why labor costs in those countries are a fraction of U.S. or European costs.

Do they buy U.S. goods with the wages paid by U.S. concerns for their labor?
They can't afford them.

Have the U.S. manufacturing facilities that used to produce these goods been shut down?
Yes

Are those incomes and the resulting tax-base now diminished?
Yes.

There is a balance that needs to be struck if a sustainable economy is to be maintained.

No argument needs be made, just look at the economic conditions that prevail currently.