Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Coded Programmable Magnets

Started by Omega_0, October 11, 2009, 06:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibbguy

i would have to disagree on it being close to a Halbach, and the negative characterizations of the Patent and technology.

Lol it rather sounds like Arthur C. Clarke's Third and Fourth Stages of a tech being accepted: "Its not significant", and "I thought of it first". I guess the Inventor can take solace that the First and Second phases are over, hehehe ;)

A Halbach is "arrayed" in four directions ("up", "down", "right", "left"). This appears to be a "binary" system; either "N" or "S" facing out. If you 3-D mapped the interactions of the Gauss fields (ala Dr. Gerhard Beyer's system from the Virginia Tech Study done with Steve Davis and Howard Johnson in the late 1980's.. or some similar technique), they would appear significantly different...Centainly different enough to legitimately warrant a Patent. 

But the comparison does bring up some interesting questions on the possibility of using the system for magnetic bearings ;)  I suspect the gaps and tolerances between the two "races" would need to be much smalled & tighter than with a Halbach; because of this greatly weaker field at longer distances.

gravityblock

Quote from: jibbguy on October 13, 2009, 11:58:44 AM
A Halbach is "arrayed" in four directions ("up", "down", "right", "left"). This appears to be a "binary" system; either "N" or "S" facing out.

The halbach is arrayed either "N" or "S" according to how you want your magnetic field to be.  The "N" and "S" makes up the binary system in a Halbach Array.  The reason why it is arrayed in four directions is to cancel the field on one side while increasing the strength of the field on the other side.  The Halbach array is about canceling the field where you don't want it and increasing the strength of the field where you want it by arranging them in specific orders.  You could also array it to create patterns and codes that are mirrored where they work together just like in this patent. 

The barker codes are also a "binary" system; either "+1" or "-1".  The barker codes are used in the coding of the magnets.  +1 would be North and -1 would be South, or vice versa and this will be how they generate their patterns or codes with complimentary or anti-complimentary patterns according to where you want the fields to be canceled and strengthened just like the Halbach Arrays.

The bottom line is we can create a Halbach Array with patterns that will do the same thing as this patent.  You asked if it could be done, and I am suggesting to you how it is being done and how to do it. 

There is nothing mysterious about this invention and it is very misleading on how it's being promoted, thus the negative characterizations of the patent.  The terms programming and coding the magnets are extremely misleading and down right deceitful.  Companies use deceit to get the general public overly excited about their products or services, to raise money from investors and shareholders to line their pockets.  This is how the game is played in the world of business.

The question is will the patterns or codes allow us to do something amazing or new.  If so, then I will have a positive reaction to this "improved concept" of an old technology.  I will give credit to where credit is due.  I will say it is a brilliant idea to use the patterns, but the patterns are being formed according to an old idea, which is the Halbach Array.

Hopefully this patent will inspire others to learn how the Halbach Arrays can strengthen and cancel the magnetic fields where you want it or don't want it and how they may interact with each other with different patterns or codes which may be the key to unlock OU.  I think the potential is there, but as always it will be dismissed in favor of a wild goose chase trying to replicate fraudulent things in which nobody knows how they work.

GB

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

mscoffman

These magnets would allow one to at least control
the gradient through a series of magnets rather
than have to try to sort magnets by field
strength.

:S:MarkSCoffman

gravityblock

Here is Larry Fullerton's first prototype on the conception of correlated magnets in figure 3, http://www.crr-llc.com/cmr/Intro.html .  He used nuts and bolts to secure round magnets to two substrates. 

Here's a video on a simple circular halbach array on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv-9IAj_YnI&feature=PlayList&p=87C7255CC71FD066&index=19

Please note in the video, how each magnet is held in position with screws, and how he mentions the last four magnets were very difficult to get into position.  This is the very reason why Larry Fullerton had to bolt is magnets down also in his prototype.

The prototype on their own website proves that it can be done with an array of magnets like I suggested.  It's the same way the Halbach Arrays are created.  The company even mentions on their own website that the correlated magnetic structures are an "array" of magnets.

It is nothing more than putting a spin on two individual Halbach Arrays which are related by a correlation or pattern, thus "correlated magnets".  This spin on things is a really brilliant idea though!  IMO, there is a huge potential in this.

GB
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

PLA

The paranoia displayed by gravityblock is pretty extreme. There is nothing at all "sneaky" or "deceitful" about this. It's fun to say that you could have thought of it first, but the fact is that you didn't. This is not some big pharmaceutical company that is trying to use patents to keep people from being able to get generic medications.  I would watch the potential libel here. Saying things like that about a small startup can be damaging to people who don't at all deserve to have their reputations damaged. I've seen people sued over less viscousness than this.