Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Beta Emission Nuclear Capacitor/Battery Reactors

Started by onthecuttingedge2005, October 12, 2009, 02:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthecuttingedge2005

Quote from: ZathEros on March 11, 2010, 10:17:29 PM
Cutting edge,
I have similar interests as yours.

Are you familiar with the British (GB763062) Coleman, Seddon-Gillespie patent? I have been collecting the goods to try and build this, but lack the chemical expertise. I have positioned myself working in a job that has placed decent rad gear in my possession. Accurate alpha, beta, neutron counters and  dosimeters etc. as well as being nuclear Haz-Mat trained. I have the RF expertise and gear to drive it. I just need some one with the Chemistry background. I think I have procured most of the chemicals to try it.

I read your list of beta emitters , FYI Cs-137  also pukes out copious amounts of Gamma-

Zatheros

Hi Zatheros.

latest model is 42-Argon, Cesium 137 gives off gamma rays as a byproduct of hitting harden objects, Cesium 137 has a value of 1175.63KeV which is almost double that of 42-Argon, some radioisotopes give off 'more' radiation if the shielding is hard and less radiation if the shielding is soft. this is a factor with beta rays, if they have the energy and a hard target they can give off X-rays and or Gamma rays if the energy is equivalent. so it depends a lot on what kind of shielding you use, for instance, a beta ray may not give off any 'extra' radiation if it hits Styrofoam but may give off gamma rays if it hits tungsten. it depends on how well the beta rays are absorbed without  extra byproduct radiation.

onthecuttingedge2005

§ 30.19 Self-luminous products containing tritium, krypton-85, or promethium-147.

(a) Except for persons who manufacture, process, produce, or initially transfer for sale or distribution self-luminous products containing tritium, krypton-85, or promethium-147, and except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, any person is exempt from the requirements for a license set forth in section 81 of the Act and from the regulations in parts 20 and 30 through 36 and 39 of this chapter to the extent that such person receives, possesses, uses, transfers, owns, or acquires tritium, krypton-85, or promethium-147 in self-luminous products manufactured, processed, produced, or initially transferred in accordance with a specific license issued pursuant to § 32.22 of this chapter, which license authorizes the initial transfer of the product for use under this section.

(b) Any person who desires to manufacture, process, or produce self-luminous products containing tritium, krypton-85, or promethium-147, or to transfer such products for use pursuant to paragraph (a) of this section, should apply for a license pursuant to § 32.22 of this chapter, which license states that the product may be transferred by the licensee to persons exempt from the regulations pursuant to paragraph (a) of this section or equivalent regulations of an Agreement State.

(c) The exemption in paragraph (a) of this section does not apply to tritium, krypton-85, or promethium-147 used in products primarily for frivolous purposes or in toys or adornments.

[34 FR 9026, June 6, 1969, as amended at 40 FR 8785, Mar. 3, 1975; 43 FR 6921, Feb. 17, 1978; 52 FR 8241, Mar. 17, 1987; 58 FR 7736, Feb. 9, 1993]

the_big_m_in_ok

With respect to Reply #11,

The subject of that post(Gov't regulations) remained in the back of my mind until I saw the post.
Also, there's the possibility of Homeland Security becoming interested in the experiments of any and all OU.com site Members, or the general public, who attempt to acquire even small amounts of materials mentioned in the post.

Moreover, have a look at this:

http://www.dangerouslaboratories.org/radscout.html

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

onthecuttingedge2005

Quote from: the_big_m_in_ok on March 14, 2010, 03:23:06 PM
With respect to Reply #11,

The subject of that post(Gov't regulations) remained in the back of my mind until I saw the post.
Also, there's the possibility of Homeland Security becoming interested in the experiments of any and all OU.com site Members, or the general public, who attempt to acquire even small amounts of materials mentioned in the post.

Moreover, have a look at this:

http://www.dangerouslaboratories.org/radscout.html

--Lee

True, some people should not get involved unless proper study and safety constraints are met, this includes federal and or state laws and or regulations of proper handling of materials.

if these above rules are applied then it really isn't dangerous.

the_big_m_in_ok

Quote from: onthecuttingedge2005 on October 12, 2009, 02:24:52 AM
...If it looks like it is in demand then I will continue to catalog all other decay modes and possibly even program some software to display the Isotope formats with some user controls.
@all + jerry

Notice:
http://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat4835433.pdf

http://www.rexresearch.com/nucell/nucell.htm

http://www.google.com/patents?id=oKM5AAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Sr-90 is also a beta emitter, but it's a compound that's is likely available by license from the Gov't, since it's used a lot in medicine.

-Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.