Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Bob Boyce Hex Controller

Started by sterlinga, November 12, 2009, 12:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmeast

Quote from: gmeast on March 07, 2012, 12:59:19 PM

Hi Plengo,

Thanks.  Some of the information Bob has shared with me I have agreed NOT to discuss in open forum.

watkykjy1's videos did raise some question:  In a single battery charging setup, 2 chokes are required ... ................................................................................

****I've added this:  Bob Says that a pulse width (PW) as long as 2.5usec will work and a micro clocking at only 4MHz is sufficient.  This implies that the pulsing frequency is not too high ... maybe less than 50kHz because of the micro's overhead, etc.  He also said what's equally important is " ... what's going on between the pulses ...", but unfortunately he offered no specific details but I feel it did warrant mentioning.

Later,

Greg

OK guys,

Here's another interesting clue that Bob has alluded to regarding " ... what's going on between the pulses ..."

In a PM to me on 2/15/2011 he had made the following comment:

" ... Also, I've not seen any discussion of the driver inhibit pins yet. They can be
used for individually gating each drivers output, which allows for secondary
channel control over each output. This is useful for creating timed gaps in an
otherwise continuous pulse stream. Since you're not using a microcontroller
to control your pulse pattern, you should be able to come up with another
method to create timed gaps. The PWM3 series uses halved and halved
again frequencies to create these timed gaps. The HC uses code ...."

Can someone shine some light on this if they know what he may be suggesting?

Thanks,

Greg

gmeast

Quote from: Loner on March 09, 2012, 03:12:53 AM
I can make a guess.  Using 1/2 and 1/4 Frequencies, you could form a kind of "rotation" in the field, as a form of modulation.  I can't really explain what I intend to say much better than that.  In any rotating digital logic, this is standard procedure, but not thought about much in these modern times.  There are LOTS of proprietary circuits to do special things using this type of concept.

Of course, I have no idea if this was the idea he was actually talking about.  Seems logical, however.

Good Luck.

Hi Loner,

Thanks for your input.  I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "rotation".  As for the 'wacky' charging video, the 3 phases fire separate coils in a "firing" order and to me, that seems like a "rotation" .... moving the unsaturated core field around in the toroid in one direction ... or I simply don't understand "rotation" in this type of system.

My "building-block" controller can do 'timed spaces'.  In fact I'll only two more partially populated Frequency Boards (sans the clocks and power regulators) ... they will slave off of the same clock and use the same regulator.  Then I'll need to use 1 more Phase Board also.  It goes like this ... the lowest frequency board will have the longest PW.  The successive channels will have 'successively' shorter PWs and will need to be successively increased (matched) to the lowest fequency's PW.

wacky's video only showed 3 pulses per cycle ... 120 degrees phased.  I think you need the timed spacing for hydroxy production though ... so much still unclear ... oh my, oh my!

Later,

Greg

Les Banki

Hi guys,

Perhaps you are not aware that I designed (and published-on no less than 3 forums!) a 'replacement' for Bob's "Hex controller" about 5 years ago!
It has only ONE frequency control, the other two 'follow' automatically.  Synchronized.
Phase delays between them is adjustable, so is the pulse width, individually or together.

I published the circuit diagram, detailed circuit description AND the pcb layout!
For your convenience, I have attached those files here.

Check it all out, if you are interested.

Best regards,
Les Banki

e2matrix

Thanks Les for posting those documents and schematics.   I hope people realize what a treasure these are and how nice it is you are sharing your work like this.  I have not kept up on your work but know you are working with HHO.  Do you have any engines running solely on HHO? 

gmeast

Quote from: Les Banki on March 09, 2012, 10:29:18 PM
Hi guys,

Perhaps you are not aware that I designed (and published-on no less than 3 forums!) a 'replacement' for Bob's "Hex controller" about 5 years ago!
It has only ONE frequency control, the other two 'follow' automatically.  Synchronized.
Phase delays between them is adjustable, so is the pulse width, individually or together.

I published the circuit diagram, detailed circuit description AND the pcb layout!
For your convenience, I have attached those files here.

Check it all out, if you are interested.

Best regards,
Les Banki

Hi Les,

Thanks for the comprehensive post .  My interest in this stuff is pretty well limited to the self charging characteristics exhibited in the series of watkykjy1's YouTube videos.  I assume you've viewed those.

My goal is to try and offer a digital controller having the same stability and output characteristics as a Micro-based controller but that is adjustable (tuneable) on-the-fly via DIP Switches.  This might appeal to some experimenters that otherwise might shy away from controllers such as the PWM3G or a synchronized version of that ... like yours.  The role harmonics plays in hydroxy systems has been well published, but the criteria that must be met to achieve successful self-charging performance from a 3-Phase Boyce Toroid/Controller combination is NOT well published or understood except (it seems) by Bob himself.  I appreciate the help he's given me privately more than I can express, but some info' still seems cryptic to me.

Thanks again for the contribution of your very professional write-up, schematic, and the PCB layout and masks.

Later,

Greg