Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

My best at homopolar design

Started by angryScientist, November 21, 2009, 01:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hypercom

Hi

I have a doubt on the position of the brushes, you can?

Hypercom

Hypercom

Hi

This configuration is correct?

Magluvin

Somthin just got me thinking here

If in the pic above, on the left mag, if we put a conductive disc on the right side of that mag, the current should be in the same direction as the disc on the other side of the mag on the left.  So if we have a disc on both sides of each mag, the dual discs should produce 2 times as much current as just one.  Now if we have our pairs of discs connected on the outer edge as a whole, if there was a counter emf produced on the outer edge connection, the doubling of current with the extra discs should make a difference.

Just thinking

Mags

angryScientist

Hi there Hypercom,

I did not want to use any brushes on the disks AT ALL. I don't like brushes. They wear out and they cause drag because of friction. If I could think of a way to eliminate the brushes completely I would have. (In fact I did but that concept isn't presented on this page.)

If you want to spin the generator extremely fast then brushes become a huge problem. If you wanted to make the disks of really large diameter, the problem of brushes increases exponentially.

We have to take current from the center of the disks anyway. That is where the friction will be least. The difference in speed between the brush and the place it's contacting is the least at the very center of the disk.

The idea, in my mind, is to rigidly connect two disks at their periphery. That way there is no friction between parts that have to be in contact and must move at high speeds. They move together. No friction between them. No brushes connecting high speed parts.

Now about your three pictures above;
First one. The current is flowing through the shaft. Connection to external circuit is made brushes at periphery of disks. Will work but brushes at those positions will introduce a lot of drag.

Second picture. (reproduction of my picture.) The bolts serve a dual purpose. They connect the disks rigidly together and they conduct current. Current flows from the edge of one disk through the bolts to the edge of the second disk. The plus and minus you inserted would be the electrical potential that would be seen on the bolts.

Third picture. You could remove the bolts but why? The disks will both have to spin in the same direction anyway. Your additional brushes will conduct the current in the proper manor. Keep in mind that the brushes will be in contact with the parts of the disks that are moving the fastest. The will add drag to the machine and will wear out rather quickly.