Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Global Warming

Started by PaulLowrance, November 25, 2009, 08:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloxxki

Some glaciers melt, some grow. I can hardly imagine it ever to have been differently.
Melting of glaciers though, is absorbtion of heat, not to be confused with spreading it. The melting water in fact cool the environment everywhere it flows, until it has reached ambient temperature.

It only needs to be warm in one location to have a melting glacier, yet the water could be too cold to swim in, over much larger surface of the globe because of it.

What people forget is that the mass in the atmosphere is insignificant relative to that of the earth. And, that the earth has heat energy within, which it radiates out. Else we'd be needed moonsuits over here. Outer space is COLD, even in the sunlight. Earth keeps us nice and warm. More energy stored within than the sun could add to it.

A warming climate is a great thing to believe in. And a great thing to let the people fo the world bleed over. Financially, for the better of the greater powers. The masterminds just underestimated the intellect of the people. Being 7 billion of them, as many as some types of insect, doesn't make every individual a drown. Smart ones are out there, which can educate the others.
So, global warming became a political brand. An excuse for all. However, the evidence was disappointing, and required fraud.

We're heading into the next ice age. THese come and go. No amount of CO2 will ever (make a start to) prevent that. Carbon tax is childishly dumb. So many other things to tax. My coutry is ace at coming up with taxes. But they're not based on lies. We pay road tax, to be able to use your car for molibity. In return, we have ace road networks. which are safe to boot.

PaulLowrance

Quote from: Cloxxki on November 28, 2009, 11:27:02 AMSome glaciers melt, some grow.

That's interesting. Can you name some glaciers that have grown over the past 35 years? I not aware of any.

Quote from: Cloxxki on November 28, 2009, 11:27:02 AMWe're heading into the next ice age.

I agree. Ice ages follow global warming,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age#Glacials_and_interglacials

We're in for a whopper this time, compliments of humanity who's added a little extra boots.  ;)

Paul

Cloxxki

I just googled it.
http://minnesotansforglobalwarming.com/m4gw/2009/11/himalayan-glaciers-are-growing-and-confounding-global-warming-alarmists.html#more

Really, glaciers are built in ice ages, and melt all the way to the next. How much ice do we really need in the mountains? And isn't Antarctica doing fine? Wasn't Greenland GREEN at some point? Climate changes, and back. Putting out unnecessay fossil pollution is a crime against Mother Earth though, IMO.
Understand me well. I just discovered myself as a cross-country skier. I would really like permanent -3C. My body feels good in it, no allergies, great lung food.
I'm just not a rabid warmer anymore. I cannot deny logic, as no religion of any kind ever worked out for me. I need to see, not to believe what the others have established for me.

the_big_m_in_ok

Cloxxki said:
Really, glaciers are built in ice ages, and melt all the way to the next. How much ice do we really need in the mountains?
Enough to fill rivers and lakes, I imagine.  The water vapor from lakes and rivers is more than insignificant.  El Nino is caused by excess water vapor from a warmer than normal Eastern Pacific off Peru.
And isn't Antarctica doing fine? Wasn't Greenland GREEN at some point? Climate changes, and back. Putting out unnecessay fossil pollution is a crime against Mother Earth though, IMO.
Yes and no.  Low altitude glaciers are melting quickly; high altitude ones are adding mass.
I need to see, not to believe what the others have established for me.
I did see on a documentary(American Public TV) that eyewitnesses told the interviewer that glaciers have moved back a lot in a few years to 20 years time.  The witness saw it happen and gave firsthand knowledge.

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

PaulLowrance

Quote from: Cloxxki on November 28, 2009, 05:25:33 PM
I just googled it.
http://minnesotansforglobalwarming.com/m4gw/2009/11/himalayan-glaciers-are-growing-and-confounding-global-warming-alarmists.html#more

Hi,

That website would never qualify as a peer review. The opposite is happening to,

Quote from WikiPedia on the Himalayan Mountains,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himalayan_Mountains#Glaciers_and_river_systems
"In recent years scientists have monitored a notable increase in the rate of glacier retreat across the region as a result of global climate change.[5] Although the effect of this won't be known for many years it potentially could mean disaster for the hundreds of millions of people who rely on the glaciers to feed the rivers of northern India during the dry seasons.[6] ""According to a UN climate report, the Himalayan glaciers that are the sources of Asia's biggest rivers could disappear by 2035 as temperatures rise and India, Tibet, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Myanmar could experience floods followed by droughts in coming decades.[7]"
Quote from WikiPedia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himalayan_Mountains#Impact_on_climate
"To complicate matters, temperatures are rising more rapidly here than the global average. In Nepal the temperature has risen with 0.6 degree over the last decade, whereas the global warming has been around 0.7 over the last hundred years.[8]"

Vanishing Himalayan Glaciers Threaten a Billion
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/42387/story.htm

Glaciers melting at alarming speed (The Tibetan and Xinjiang glaciers)
http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90781/90879/6222327.html

Regards,
Paul