Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Joule Thief

Started by poynt99, November 27, 2009, 10:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poynt99

This is a rebuild of the JT topic after Stefan messed up and merged this original thread and one that was started afterward because I did not allow the whining and BS for which Wilby is famous and evidently has a real knack for.

(In case anyone missed this in my edit of the first post)

question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

hartiberlin

So, poynt99,
where are the tips how to measure the Joule Thief ?
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

turbo

Quote from: poynt99 on November 27, 2009, 10:45:54 PM
MH,

I agree with most of what you're saying.

Back to the cap. Yes, the now infamous Mr. Gadget doesn't quite understand the implications of what he is doing by discharging that huge cap into that poor AA battery. Not only is he stressing Mr. AA to pieces, but he's wasting a great deal of energy by doing so. But alas, it will only end speculation that much sooner, and as I said before, I give the GJT device less than 10 hours of operation at 1W. But then again, the entry for the OU prize won't be official until Stefan receives one to test. Will it make it to that stage? I am doubtful.

Maybe it's possible to discharge the Ultracap through a suitable transformer and dump the charge into a lead acid battery at the correct voltage...And then power the load from the battery.
Lead acid battery's are quite good at regulating and if the transformer steps up the voltage, current will automatically drop.

This way there are no small battery's to fry, and it'sa good way to see how long things last...

Marco.

hartiberlin

User poynt99
was banned, cause he abused his moderator rights.

Regards, Stefan.(admin)
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

neptune

I hope I posted this in the right thread . I f not could the moderator please move it . HOT NEWS . On Peswiki news today . Joule thief 8 TIMES OVERUNITY.