Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Wicking Works

Started by onthecuttingedge2005, December 02, 2009, 02:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthecuttingedge2005

I did the simple experiment 'without' any oneway valves, doesn't look good, there was bleed back into the system through the siphon pipe sucking air in a reverse flow.

I am pretty sure either the siphon pipe needs a oneway valve or the main pipe needs a oneway valve to prevent bleed back. I don't see any other way around it.

FreeEnergy

Quote from: onthecuttingedge2005 on December 04, 2009, 10:02:41 PM
I did the simple experiment 'without' any oneway valves, doesn't look good, there was bleed back into the system through the siphon pipe sucking air in a reverse flow.

I am pretty sure either the siphon pipe needs a oneway valve or the main pipe needs a oneway valve to prevent bleed back. I don't see any other way around it.

one way valve won't help in my opinion because there would be a lot of pressure sitting on top of the one way valve and the flow of siphoning won't be enough to breakthrough the valve to keep the circulation going. sorry.
oh well back to the drawing board.

FreeEnergy

Quote from: mr_bojangles on December 04, 2009, 07:16:27 PM
what if you used capillary tubes like an outstretched telescope?

theoretically it could go to infinity

i don't get it.
could you be a little more specific on how this should work?

onthecuttingedge2005

Quote from: FreeEnergy on December 05, 2009, 02:37:50 AM

one way valve won't help in my opinion because there would be a lot of pressure sitting on top of the one way valve and the flow of siphoning won't be enough to breakthrough the valve to keep the circulation going. sorry.
oh well back to the drawing board.

I might have to add capillary action to the siphon tube, like making the core of the siphon tube with paper towels, this might do the trick so long as I have a oneway valve in there.

I will see about about adding the additional capillary force to the experiment, if it fails I know that I could get it to work with heat expansion fluids but then again I am trying to avoid the inevitable.

mr_bojangles

Quote from: FreeEnergy on December 05, 2009, 02:46:05 AM
i don't get it.
could you be a little more specific on how this should work?

well the capillary effect occurs due to the surface tension variance of water in thin tubes, so one capillary tube of (x) diameter would raise water (y) amount

given that elongating the tube will not have an effect, as the length of the tube does not dictate the amount of water it can raise, but the diameter of the tube itself

with this in mind i think it logical to use increasingly thinner tubes, staggered in a manner as such that the bottom of each proceeding tube would start at the level where the water stops of the preceding one, basically stacking them

image modified from wikipedia, heres the link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Capillarity.svg
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields