Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

EER Joule Thief using an earth battery to start a joule thief.

Started by jeanna, December 28, 2009, 09:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeanna

Quote from: lasersaber on December 29, 2009, 01:07:13 PM
Jeanna,

I have 22 turns on it.  I think I could tighten them up and have room for a secondary.  I did try powering this with just 11 turns and it worked fine.
That is good news.

The thing about tuning is you need to start somewhere wherever the oscillations begin and subtract as many turns as you can to keep the oscillations going.

The permeability of the toroid makes a very big difference.
If you can pick choose high permeability. It seems you have what you need.

Normally I would have you start with a 10-20  turn secondary and have you measure what you get by looking at the number of leds IN SERIES you can light between the wires of the secondary.
This gives you a realtime value.
If you own a scope it is easy.
Look for around 7 volts per each led for decent light. (spiky volts are different from mains volts)

The more turns on the secondary the more volts.
The frequency goes down as the volts go up, but I think the frequency is so high this can go down a lot before the lights go out from that cause.

So, my suggestions now are:
1- reduce the primary to 11 as you had before when it still worked.
2- make a 30 turn secondary and scrape the ends of the wires so you get a good connection to the leds.
3- Reduce and increase the number of turns on that primary to get the brightest lights from the secondary.
4- Later you can make the primary uneven to enhance this even more.
(When you do that, you look for the lowest number of turns connecting to the base of the transistor... like maybe even 2, then reduce the collector turns watching for change in brightness all the while.---and remember to write it all down ;) )

Your work is so encouraging
thank you,

jeanna

edit,
btw, I try to write these kind of instructions for a wide audience.
So, while you probably know about scraping the ends of mag wire, someone lurking out there might need that info.
j

Foggy-Notion

Is this the famed Jeanna of Youtube's "Jeanna light"

Pirate88179

Yes, this is the Jeanna of the Jeanna Light circuit.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

lasersaber

Jeanna,

Thanks for the instructions.  Should I use the same gauge wire for both the primary and the secondary?  I have magnet wire from radio shack in three sizes.

I do not really know much about "Jeanna's Light".  Would this be something that I might get to work with my earth battery?  I may want to try building one.

Happy new years

jeanna

Quote from: lasersaber on December 30, 2009, 10:42:31 PM
Jeanna,

Thanks for the instructions.  Should I use the same gauge wire for both the primary and the secondary?  I have magnet wire from radio shack in three sizes.

I do not really know much about "Jeanna's Light".  Would this be something that I might get to work with my earth battery?  I may want to try building one.

Happy new years
Thanks lasersaber,

You should use the same gauge for both parts of the primary, but the secondary can be anything.
As a secondary the thin red wire gives the best results, but it is very brittle and the varnish is very thin, and there is often a problem with "break-through" voltage (=sparks) which ruin the results although the sparks are too small to see.
I personally like the green 26 gauge wire for secondaries unless the toroid is too little. I think yours is big enough for the 26.
If I were you, I would use 24 gauge telephone wire for the centertapped  primary, and the green for the secondary.

As far as I know "jeanna's light" is a name lidmotor gave to the joule thief that runs off a secondary . It may also designate that it is powerful enough to light a cfl.  ;)
You would need to ask lidmotor.

You are already getting ready to make what jeanna considers a jeanna's light.  ;) and that is to make a useful lamp using only the secondary from a joule thief.
The name came out when I told him all the parts and how to put it together the way I have described here.

Enjoy and keep us posted.

jeanna