Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The meaning of life

Started by onthecuttingedge2005, December 31, 2009, 09:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthecuttingedge2005

The meaning of life is life itself.

I know you will beg to differ, but it is entirely true.

you certainly don't have to agree with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOWzS_jkAoU&feature=subtivity

but one day, will make you believe!

if you want to be inside of my head then will watch the entire video.

Jerry 8)

sumermagor

dont miss this video: http://www.youtube.com/user/777ALAJE#p/c/791C5A2AC5F186E6/0/2ugzBKPClsU

Very Important information, The truth will be free to every being soon!
Love and light to everybody,

lwh

I agree that the meaning of life is life itself.  But at the same time, I think the essence of a thing, the essential nature of a thing, is beyond meaning.  So in searching for and finding and experiencing its meaning, one is not dealing with the actual thing, with its essential nature, not directly anyway.  In this way, the meaningful, and the meaningless, are both more or less pointless, compared to experiencing the true point of a thing, which is beyond meaningful(or meaningless)ness.

I also think that all realities are attempts at defining the life.  But the description of a thing is not the thing itself, and the idea that life can be defined as something real, is itself just an idea.  Reality itself is a concept, an idea, and the results that arise from that conceptualization process can never be as all-encompassing as what they attempt to define.  Life is not subject to any reality, but all realities are subject to the life.  I recommend identifying and identify with the life itself, not with any reality (which will always just be a description of the life.)

About the video.  There is a lot in it that I could comment on, not all of it entirely positive,  but there is something in particular I feel like mentioning.  And that is in relation to the stuff they say later on in the video about our becoming 'virtual' beings in the future.  This is an idea I came across myself, even before all that Matrix stuff came out and dealt with similar matters.  I think it is possible that we all could become digitized in the future.  With complex enough computers, every aspect of our physical selves (including our minds) could be represented in a virtual environment, and if that environment itself were complex enough to fool our limited senses, we wouldn't know, or in most cases even care to know about, the difference.  HOWEVER(!)  Any non-physical aspect of ourselves would not be able to be digitized and transferred into that virtual world.  And, again, I'm not talking about the mind, which is still a physical thing no matter how subtle.  I'm talking about ones essential nature, which could also be referred to as ones soul or spirit or true being.  There is a danger that as the use of computer technology spreads and becomes seen as more and more essential to our very existence (via our use of the internet for example), a time may come when people are encouraged or forced to actually transfer their whole lives into a virtual domain.  And even though this virtual domain would be for all intents and purposes indistinguishable from, or even better than, the current reality, entering it would come at the cost of ones soul or life essence.  This future may sound impossible or absurd, especially when mentioned here like this, but it's not.  Just ask yourself, and even others, this.  If every aspect of yourself, every atom of your being, could be recreated digitally, so that your whole physical and mental identity could be transferred into a world that was similarly recreated, but in a way that enabled all its precious resources to be limitless, would you swap your current life for one in that world?  With the computers running the simulation totally secured and safe and able to be maintained in perfect condition forever, would you trade your current existence for one indistinguishable from it in every way, except that you will never need to want for anything, in a virtual world?  A lot of people wouldn't even hesitate to say yes they would, especially those who have no belief in or understanding of anything beyond their physical beings. 

Just wanted to put the idea out there, or the warning I should say, because the idea is already out there, being presented so we can get used to it, but not so much the warning about its actual implications.  As our lives become more compartmentalized and regulated and dependent on technology, certain conclusions can be drawn as to where it might lead us, and they're not all welcome or welcoming.  I'm not saying anyone should worry about any of it, but it's probably a good idea to be aware of the possibilities, inbetween indulging in the endlessly entertaining search for the meaning of life.  Or not. 

Les.

Super God

The meaning of life is trial and expiation.  So push through the hardship and help out others every step you get, just as you would like others to do for you.  As in, do something without expecting payment.  In doing so, you are doing your part in helping this world become better one microscopic step at a time!

That's what life is all about!
>9000

WilbyInebriated

is 42.

the angle at which light reflects off of water to create a rainbow is 42 degrees.

two physical constants in the universe are the speed of light and the diameter of a proton. it takes light 10 to the minus 42nd power seconds to cross the diameter of a proton.

the sum of the ordinal alphabetic positions of the initials (spg) for stan (p.) gibilisco, an oft-published science and technology writer, is equal to 42 (s=19, p=16, g=7).

a barrel holds 42 gallons.

(it should be noted that all of these 42s are base 10, not base 13.)
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe