Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Magnus Effect

Started by czimborbryan, January 19, 2010, 09:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

czimborbryan

Has anyone developed a windmill using cylindrical blades that spin as a way to boost energy production (magnus effect)?

infringer

The only time I have ever seen it was in an old issue of popular science actually a 2009 issue but it was a review of an old issue thing is the practicality of it due to repairs extra bearings and the extra power it took for start up caused people to look in a different direction it makes since while it is not something I suggest you don't ponder cause it is real and documented you need to consider these things and find a way to remedy this if I recall it was big barrels which they used to make the one advertised.

I have given it thought but not a lot myself but I cannot swiftly dream something up to make plausible use of this and there is so many other things I have on my mind in the way of alt energy.
REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER RIGHT NOW!!!!!
........::::::::: http://www.energyinfringer.com  :::::::::........

"""""""everything is energy and energy is everything""""""

-infringer-

czimborbryan

The extra weight and forces would tear up the bearings, if not built-up to take the extra load.  The cool thing is that it takes small amounts of energy to spin the cylinders very fast because there is no load placed on them.  The faster the cylinders spin, the more power is transferred from the wind.  The big load is placed on the main axle or armature from the extra weight and higher RPM's. 

I'm willing to bet that a fairly small version could do 5 times the output of a normal windmill. 

czimborbryan

The load on the armature bearings could be greatly minimized by crafting a hub around the outside of the armature.  This hub would take the load and would not transfer any lateral forces to the armature. 

Someone should build one...

PhiScience

Hi,

Here is the Rex Research file on Anton Flettner. It begins in 1925.

http://www.rexresearch.com/flettner/flettner.htm

Wayne
The function of science is to make observations and measurements and to find correlations between the observed facts.