Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

where can i find variable air capacitors" Australia

Started by telluric42, February 01, 2010, 11:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

telluric42

hi all :)

getting all my parts together for my next project :D and looking for variable caps to tune the tank circuit. i have scavenged a few TVs but they only have small ones.

looking for 100-400pf or so.......not sure the going prices ???

i was also thinking of getting a ganged one maybe 2 or 3 and wire them up in series to increase the max voltage........has anyone tried that ???

even old appliances that i could scavenge them out of would be a great help ???

I'm in Australia

thanks ;D

onthecuttingedge2005

you could always find somebody with a CNC mill and have one made for you.

the_big_m_in_ok

Quote from: telluric42 on February 01, 2010, 11:09:30 PM
hi all :)

getting all my parts together for my next project :D and looking for variable caps to tune the tank circuit. i have scavenged a few TVs but they only have small ones.

looking for 100-400pf or so.......not sure the going prices ???
Unfortunately an American do-it-yourself electronics magazine (Popular Electronics?) had an article many years ago of how to hand-build 365 pF broadcast band radio variable caps from simple and available parts.

Is there a large library near your residence that has back issues of electronics magazines?  Especially English ones?  The English are avid tinkerers.

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

e2matrix

Very old car radios also had them - in fact any old radio like 50's or before probably will have them if you can find them.