Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Bill Gates: zero carbon and invest in clean energy technology

Started by blueplanet, February 13, 2010, 01:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueplanet

"The planet needs "energy miracles" to overcome the dual challenges of meeting energy demand and addressing climate change, said Microsoft founder Bill Gates during a speech Friday at the TED Conference in Long Beach, California.

""Energy and climate are extremely important to these people," Gates told Friday a TED Conference audience packed with influential figures including the founders of Google and climate champion Al Gore.

""The climate getting worse means many years that crops won't grow from too much rain or not enough, leading to starvation and certainly unrest."

"Gates said he is backing development of "terrapower" reactors that could be fueled by nuclear waste from disposal facilities or generated by today's power plants.

During the presentation, Gates showed the following equation:

Total CO2 = World population x Services x Energy of each service x CO2 per unit of energy

Gates said, The neat thing about an equation that uses only multiplication is that if any of the four factors can be reduced to zero, then you don't have to worry about the other three factors. The total CO2 output will be zero. So which one can we make zero?

"He broke down variables in a carbon-dioxide-culprit formula, homing in on a conclusion that the answer to the problem is a source of energy that produces no carbon.

""The formula is a very straight forward one," Gates said. "More carbon dioxide equals temperature increase equals negative effects like collapsed ecosystems. We have to get to zero."

"To dramatize his point, Gates pulled out a large jar of fireflies in playful flashback to when he unleashed mosquitoes on a TED audience a year earlier while discussing battling malaria.

""They won't bite," Gates joked of the fireflies. "As a matter of fact, they might not even leave this jar."

"Just weeks after his foundation pledged $10 billion for vaccine research and distribution, Gates said finding cheap and clean energy sources should be a higher priority than creating new vaccines and improving farming techniques.

"Gates said the world needs to reduce carbon emissions to zero by 2050 and suggested researchers spent the next 20 years developing new technologies and the follow 20 years implementing them. He said coal and natural gas should be phased out by 2050 and touted carbon capture and storage technology and wind, solar photovoltaic and solar thermal, and nuclear power. According to CNN Gates focused on reprocessing reactor waste into clean energy.

"Gates told the audience that climate change will cause poverty and famine that will disproportionately affect the world's poorest people.

"The world must eliminate all of its carbon emissions and cut energy costs in half in order to prevent a climate catastrophe, which will hit the world's poor hardest, he said.

"The world's energy portfolio should not include coal or natural gas, he said, and must include carbon capture and storage technology as well as nuclear, wind and both solar photovoltaics and solar thermal power.

"Gates spent a significant portion of his speech highlighting nuclear technology that would turn spent uranium -- the 99 percent of uranium rods that aren't burned in current nuclear power plants -- into electricity.

"That technology could power the world indefinitely; spent uranium supplies in the U.S. alone could power the country for 100 years, he said.

"A "traveling wave reactor" would burn uranium waste slowly, meaning a 60-year supply could be added to a reactor at once and then not touched for decades, he said.

"Gates also called for innovation in battery technology.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5h_iNFAG254im4XHNHGNRIpKj6bLA

http://news.mongabay.com/2010/0212-gates.html

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/02/12/bill.gates.clean.energy/?hpt=T2

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/12/bill-gates-ted-speech-201_n_461034.html

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/02/12/highlights-from-ted-2.html

Cap-Z-ro

Gates makes the same noise as the rest of the Illuminati shills.

Regards...

silverfish

Quote from: Cap-Z-ro on February 13, 2010, 02:22:29 PM
Gates makes the same noise as the rest of the Illuminati shills.

A...

His admitted role model was Napoleon, His father was an intelligence operative. His background is eugenics, like the Rockefeller Foundation. His foundation produces poisonous vaccines which sterilise people, like UN vaccination programs. He is funding research to genetically engineer mosquitos which can bite, er, 'vaccinate' populations with God knows what biological toxins, with God knows what kind of accountability. His Windows operating systems, originally stolen from Apple, have degraded, spyware-laden, NSA-backdoored, rubbish like Vista, each new version rushed out for short-term profit, nothing to do with craftmanship. Friend of the common people? Believe this, then you believe pigs fly...

Cap-Z-ro

Thanks for the bio info silver...I didn't know any of that, as I had him pegged on his unethical business style.

That just confirms my initial assessment of him.

Regards...

silverfish

Quote from: Cap-Z-ro on February 13, 2010, 03:33:51 PM
Thanks for the bio info silver...I didn't know any of that, as I had him pegged on his unethical business style.

That just confirms my initial assessment of him.

A...

One more thing... Gate's main policy advisor and PR man is now calling for everyone to obtain compulsory licenses in order to access the internet. This is an attempt to impose Chinese-style control, and the beginning of an accelerating effort to stifle free speech.
       One solution might be to start looking at alternative networks, different ways of accessing the net. I don't mean 'Big Brother Version 2' which they have all set up and ready to go, which will be a more controlled and taxed version of this one, but there is another way for people technically knowledgeable...