Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulsed DC Transformer with Embedded Magnets

Started by ltseung888, February 24, 2010, 03:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhysicsProfessor

Quote from: TinselKoala on January 11, 2011, 08:38:24 PM
Oscilloscopes as we use them are often thought of as qualitative instruments; we look at waveshapes and make rough estimates of frequencies just by eyeballing, most of the time.

But let's not forget that the oscilloscope is actually a QUANTITATIVE instrument, and when used correctly can give a lot more information than is commonly realized.

Even a relatively low-bandwidth analog scope can be used to good advantage if it's understood. Of course, a 2-channel instrument is necessary, but most scopes that actually function have at least 2 channels.

(There's a difference between a dual-channel scope and a true dual-beam scope, but we won't go into that just yet.)

So, even if your scope can't do the fancy math functions like trace multiplication and integration over time, you can still get the same data from it, with a little paperwork and creativity.

Say you want to measure the energy output over a period of time from a common Joule Thief, but all you've got is a 2-channel analog scope, some ordinary 100 MHz 10x attenuated probes, some graph paper, and a pencil.

First you need to calibrate the scope and the probes. The scope will have a "calibration" thingie on it somewhere, that puts out a square wave at a specific frequency and voltage. You hook your probe up to that, and then tweak the "calibration" fine tuning knobs on the vertical amp (voltage) and the timebase until the trace you see is right on the correct graticle lines for the calibration voltage/frequency. Then you tweak the little variable cap in the probe itself until you get the best-looking square wave from the calibrator. Now you are ready to take some measurements !!

Now you want to monitor voltage across the load on one channel and the voltage DROP across a low-value current-viewing resistor on the other channel. Use a value like 0.1 Ohm, and be careful about your ground (common) probe hookups. By Ohm's law, you can then read Amps instead of Volts on the scope's vertical scale for that channel. Check your math ! so you know that a graticle division corresponds to so many milliamps, etc. I usually put masking tape labels for the settings I'm using on the scope so I don't get (too) confused.

Now display at least 2 complete waveforms, but not more than 4. Set your zero references carefully to some convenient mark on the graticle (ground the probe tip or select "ground" on the coupling switch, this will give you that channel's "zero" voltage line).
Over two complete cycles, at each minor horizontal graticle division, write down the voltage and current values from the two scope traces. You will wind up with  2 columns, voltage and current at 40 or 50 time clicks. Now multiply the values at each time click to give "instantaneous power", sort of. Graph this result carefully on decent graph paper that has small squares that you can count.

You have drawn, of course, an approximation of an instantaneous power curve, and now..... by adding up the graph paper squares enclosed by the power curve .... you can approximate the energy integral over the time represented by your two cycles. The vertical axis represents power in Watts of course and the horizontal is time, so each minor square's volume represents some portion of a Joule, depending on the scaling. The area under the power curve represents energy.

If you have access to a precision laboratory balance you can cut out the instantaneous power curve and weigh it.

Depending on how careful you are, you can get very close to the true value of the energy integral using this method.

Close enough to tell the difference between a COP < 1 and a COP = 280, certainly. Or even COP >17. (LOL)

Of course, if you like, you can all omit measurements altogether and just continue trolling along, I don't mind.

Thanks for this, TinselKoala.  I'm using a Tektronix Digital Storage Oscilloscope right now -- and have already calibrated four 10X probes to have them ready...  I like your trick for integrating... weighing the cut-out graph.

You wrote:  "So, even if your scope can't do the fancy math functions like trace multiplication and integration over time, ..."

Can you give me models and makers of such "fancy math" scopes? 

TinselKoala

What Tek scope do you have? I think all the Tek DSOs can do at least the trace multiplication, and most can do at least one live integral; the higher end ones can do 4 live integrals at once.

If you are interested I show how to use a LeCroy DSO that has one channel inoperative to do an energy integral using one stored trace and one live measurement trace here, with the Ainslie circuit as the test system.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeIVSiEZDnc

quarktoo

Here is what I was referring to:

http://www.vorktex.ca/page/277176203

Same basic thing of using a magnet to accelerate a "field".

Instead of wrapping the coils in neo magnets, magnet is in line with the core. Problem is the magnet will demagnetize that way. When outside the coil it should last longer.

The insulation breaks down because the accelerated electrons burn through the insulation. For anyone that ever doubted my claim that  electricity is mass to atomic energy conversion there is a tiny bit experimental proof right there. E=MC2.

Of course by ignoring how voltage is accelerated to the speed of light, PhysicsProfessors spend their lives helping to suppress OU energy devices. You don't have to be the sharpest tack in the box to be a physics professor, you need to be the most programmed. You make a better saleman that way.

There are none more enslaved then those that do not even know they are.

EDIT

Also my claim that physics professor misspelled "toroid" was incorrect. I used a spell check in MS Word which was set up for UK I suspect. - Apologies for that only.

TinselKoala

Quote from: quarktoo on January 11, 2011, 09:50:20 PM
Here is what I was referring to:

http://www.vorktex.ca/page/277176203

Enough said. I live a few tens of miles from Magnacoaster. There aren't many like him out there, that's for sure.
Fat People are Harder to Kidnap !!

quarktoo

Quote from: TinselKoala on January 11, 2011, 10:15:18 PM
Enough said. I live a few tens of miles from Magnacoaster. There aren't many like him out there, that's for sure.
Fat People are Harder to Kidnap !!

Here in the US, he would be diagnosed with anorexia and placed on an emergency  high fat diet to try and save his miserable life. It's all relative.

Good luck with your demagnetizer. If you still have your Stiffler loopstick laying around why don't you wrap 500 turns of #34 on each end. Feed that to a couple of radio shack audio isolation transformers to step down and recharge the battery. Pulse at 10.5mhz or 21mhz  - That should take you OU and most likely give you a self runner. Don't be afraid to wrap OVER the primary and secondary since you get the same acceleration effect as the magnecoaster. ~2 hours and problem solved.

I can think of a 100 ways to build OU devices that do not destroy magnets. This one is a non-starter. Keeps the kids busy and does not threaten big oil - priceless...  ;D