Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Self running coil?

Started by gotoluc, March 13, 2010, 12:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotoluc

Hi everyone,

I have a new effect involving a ferrite toroid coil which is being pulsed at a very specific frequency, duty cycle and uses a permanent magnet with an air gap.

It seems to be self running once started and the source battery can be disconnected and the capacitor will maintain its charge and in fact gain energy.

I found this effect over a week ago and since then in my spare time have been trying to find what I could be overlooking. So far I have not found anything, so I invite anyone to comment as to what I may of missed.

The video demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0AZkovLTT8

If the magnet is removed there is no effect

If the magnet has no air gap there is no effect

If the frequency is changed there is no effect

If I leave the battery connected it does not drain in voltage and actually seems to be charging the battery.

I have changed the mosfet with the same IRF640 and it is the same. I tried it with IRF840 and it works but not quite as good as the IRF640

The effect only seems to work at low voltage 2.80vdc is about the highest I got it to go so far.

Please feel free to share you comments or concerns.

Luc

mindcalm

Hi All.
It's my first report.
I'm South Korean.
Thanks.

gotoluc, I have the same result. I was testing JNL Labs 2sg episod 9.
I build up 556 timer one 555 for frequency, another for duty cycle.
It needs 12V 15mA without any load.
Ferrite toroid I built  is  yellow one with bifiler 40 wind each. one coil is connected with diode and 20W Halogen Lamp.
When anothe coil is directly connected to Fet IRF840 drain and + source after 1ohm register.

Amphere read from 1 ohm register is about - 30mA.
Frq. was 2kHz - 100kHz duty cycle was lessthan 10% -60%.
the lamp was full bright. magnet, pulse width, frequency asr not so critical.   
But the Halogen lamp was off, the circuit needs 1.5-2.0 A almost fire up.

Thank gotoluc for your videos.

Omega_0

Quote from: gotoluc on March 13, 2010, 12:40:57 AM

It seems to be self running once started and the source battery can be disconnected and the capacitor will maintain its charge and in fact gain energy.

gotoluc,

I'm a little bit confused and can't understand what exactly is "running" here.

I see no current flowing in the coil, which explains no discharge from the battery or the cap. The coil is essentially a open circuit ! Its not doing anything just sitting there. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Now why no current is flowing, reason could be a faulty mosfet, or the mosfet is not getting enough trigger. (IRF640 needs at least 2V at the gate to turn on).

Other reason could be some leakage from the huge black battery that you are using for timer, may be its spilling an opposite current or reserve biasing the mosfet. The noise of switching must be charging the cap a bit.

Of course, you may have something which is generating some energy, but its not clear from this video test. You should collect this extra energy somewhere else (in another load), so that the circuit does not appear permanently open.

Say you do that, and the current is no longer a flat line, then the difference in power consumed in the coil and that dumped in another load will tell you how much it is generating, if at all.

Good work, keep it up.
I have more respect for the fellow with a single idea who gets there than for the fellow with a thousand ideas who does nothing - Thomas Alva Edison

hoptoad

Quote from: gotoluc on March 13, 2010, 12:40:57 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a new effect involving a ferrite toroid coil which is being pulsed at a very specific frequency, duty cycle and uses a permanent magnet with an air gap.

I found this effect over a week ago and since then in my spare time have been trying to find what I could be overlooking. So far I have not found anything, so I invite anyone to comment as to what I may of missed.

The video demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0AZkovLTT8

If the magnet is removed there is no effect

If the magnet has no air gap there is no effect

If the frequency is changed there is no effect

If I leave the battery connected it does not drain in voltage and actually seems to be charging the battery.

I have changed the mosfet with the same IRF640 and it is the same. I tried it with IRF840 and it works but not quite as good as the IRF640

The effect only seems to work at low voltage 2.80vdc is about the highest I got it to go so far.

Please feel free to share you comments or concerns.

Luc

A basic schematic for analysis would be great. Even just a block form presenting the coil current path and the switching current path, and how they are conected relative to each other.

I'm presuming (I don't like presuming.. LOL..) that the coil circuit and the signal circuit have independant current sources but share a common negative connection. Is that correct.??

Hopefully you're not just getting current leakage from the 555 circuit supply into the coil circuit supply via an internal body diode, or due to reverse peak voltage breakdown of the gate/source/sink junctions of the fet.

I think it's an interesting effect. If it can be made to translate into a higher output energy than the energy needed to run the 555 timer circuit then it's a winner.

Let's hope the effect cannot be attributed to your scope/meter connections adding current via the measurement instruments supply, or cross circuit leakage as previously mentioned.

Good luck. keep on keepin on

hoping for more info... cheers

gyulasun

Hi Luc,

I mainly agree with Omega_0 comments (EDIT: and with hoptoad too  :)  )

My notices:

1) Is not a 10 x multiplier missing from the gate-source voltage probe setting, is it really only 1V peak pulse amplitude from the 555 output to drive the FET?  The battery gives 12V to the 555 timer?
If it is 1V only then your FET cannot really switch fully on. (Its threshold VGS voltage (IRF640) starts from about 2V but may go up to 4V due to manufacturing tolerances).  This would explain why there is no current taken at the rest of the FET's ON-time while the Drain-Source path ought to be a near short circuit.

2) Would you mind measuring the toroid coil's inductance now that the magnets bias it?  (Do not change the distance (air gap) setting when measuring, just unconnect the red and green clips and measure with the L meter the series coils. 
I know you mentioned the toroid coils in series are over 1000mH i.e. 1 Henry without the magnets, right?

3) When you disconnect the battery and the voltage across the capacitor starts increasing, it shows there is no any real current through the coil: if it were, the voltage would be consumed from the 60uF capacitor in no time.
I think you created a resonant circuit at the output side of the FET, and the leaking needle pulses from the FET's gate-drain body capacitance pumps energy into the resonant circuit, the FET body diode rectifies it and this energy gets stored in the 60uF cap.
(By the way, is it really a 57.61uF capacitor? What is its tolarance, 5% or less? (What does "PROTECTED" mean? Very strange for me for a electrolytic capacitor such a value.  :) )

Thanks, Gyula