Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Newman Motor #3 by detrix42

Started by detrix42, March 15, 2010, 03:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detrix42

Newman motor replica #3. 

I still have some bugs to work out.  I am not ready to make a video yet.

detrix42

I added springs to hold the contacts to the commutator. (see picture) this was looking real good but then the copper contacts really gripped the electrical tape in between segments.  This is causing alot of drag.  I lightened the springs, and put fiberglass tape in between the segments. this helped but not enough.   I only have 1 pound of copper wire on each frame, and according to Newman's theory, more wire will create a larger/stronger magnetic field.  So I will strive to get more wire.  I would like to see 5lbs of wire on each side.  Unfortunately I can only afford about 2lbs of wire every 2 weeks.  I am using the wire from my 1st motor to go on one side, so I will only need one more pound to start. 

Oh the joy of experimenting on a shoestring budget.
Cheers!

detrix42

Well, the bicycle wheel commutator will not work. Primarily due to the electrical tape. The copper contact seems to "grip" it.  I believe that in order for the bicycle wheel commutator to work, I will need 5 to 10 pounds of wire on my coils.

In a mad dash, I put the previous 6 inch wooden commutator on.  Took some work to change the contact points, but it actually turned.  It turned slower than expected, but the rotor is heavier, and the coils not as condensed as those in my previous "pipe" coils. 

I am not sure if I should make a video yet. I want it to work a bit better.  But if you all want me to I will.

detrix42

update: Here is a pic of motor #3 with the old wooded commutator.  I took a 14sec. video and wanted to post it here, but its 1Mb in size.  but here is a pic:

jadaro2600

Good work, you may try a different approach to high voltage source though.

You have an absurd number of 9 volt batteries there...  it looks like your source is 378 volts?

You may just try using a joule thief to supply the voltage and discharge via the motor circuit.  Honestly, the switching on the commutator could be causing minimal current to flow...if the motor current usage is below 100ma, then this could easily be handled by a joule thief with a small capacitor rectified off the Collector to ground ..the motot circuit could go here.

Could you post a digram of the circuit you're using currently?

That many 9v batteries must be a budget constraint.