Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Newman Motor #3 by detrix42

Started by detrix42, March 15, 2010, 03:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detrix42

@Jarado2600:  I have successfully extracted the transformer and Capacitor, and wired it up and got over 350v from it.  I am very happy.  The pin out of these transformers were a bit different than the one schematic  I looked at, but I figure it out.  Now I need to find some way to limit the discharge.  Starting up my motor requires about a 2-3 second discharge.  Once the motor is going then, less than a second will be fine.  I am almost ready to hook the joule thief up to the motor.

detrix42

@all:  Well, the results are not good.  My commutator has to much drag from my contacts/brushes.  I need a fast charge up time, and a slow discharge time.  Not sure how yet.

Back to the drawing board....

Spirality

hi detrix42
I'm re-building a Newman motor myself and found your thread a good read.
This video is about matching up your coil to your timing capacitor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgAF8MxS7Rg
I include a photo of my reed switch repair-job, if you are replicating it, use something to spring the [nail] back down, as the more the Motor was run the more it stuck closed. I am also getting a build-up of carbon from the back-emf spark.
my post: http://www.overunity.com/12584/newman-motor-tinkering-and-teething-problems/

Quote from: detrix42 on April 02, 2010, 04:15:57 PM
@all:  Well, the results are not good.  My commutator has to much drag from my contacts/brushes.  I need a fast charge up time, and a slow discharge time.  Not sure how yet.

Back to the drawing board....

Have you tried a capacitor placed in between your commutator and the main coils? Just an idea, it might absorb and discharge the voltage to the coil.

Also, after smoothing out the bumps in the commutator wheel, try replacing the brush with a small metal wheel?
You could probably mount the tiny axle on something springy.

kenich53

Quote from: detrix42 on March 18, 2010, 06:55:25 PM
@jadaro2600:
   I am looking into the joule-thief (jt) circuit.  I am very interested. I am going to go a little off topic, but I also looked into the earth-battery.  I just did a quick test in my back yard.  I used a sheet of copper (6 5/8" x 3 1/2") and a 1 1/4" x 4" x 1/8" aluminium.  I got up to over 1vdc. This was achieved by wiggling the aluminium strip.  But if I left it alone, it would slowly drop in voltage.  I am tearing apart an old burned up computer power supply to get a ferrite Toroid.  I will be trying with 26awg, and 30awg enameled copper wire, hook it to the earth battery.  Thanks for the new info.
Howdy, worked over a joule-thief circuit that can give you enough current and step up voltage for most needs. Some circuit changes were made, am able to run a small radioshack motor and charge another battery in series if needed from a 6 volt battery source, oscillation of coil and transistor is about 5.4 kHz, and can reach a 49% percent duty cycle with tweeking. Trying to figure out where current is getting lost at, the transistor runs cold, that got my attention, did find you must keep a good sized cap on the output or voltage will shatter the C to E connection in the transistor, shorting it out. Can send a picture of my circuit and have been working on a P box layout if you need to see a working model.
This is my first time sending anything out, just bear with me, I will watch this site, see what is needed to show how nice the circuit works.

antimony

I have just finished reading this thread and I would like to know if someone did used a JT to drive a Newman motor?
It's an interesting idea