Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Newman Motor #3 by detrix42

Started by detrix42, March 15, 2010, 03:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detrix42

Quote from: jadaro2600 on March 16, 2010, 06:08:42 PM
Good work, you may try a different approach to high voltage source though.

You have an absurd number of 9 volt batteries there...  it looks like your source is 378 volts?

You may just try using a joule thief to supply the voltage and discharge via the motor circuit.  Honestly, the switching on the commutator could be causing minimal current to flow...if the motor current usage is below 100ma, then this could easily be handled by a joule thief with a small capacitor rectified off the Collector to ground ..the motot circuit could go here.

I am not familiar with a joule thief.  I shall look into it, but if you have know of a web site that has this information, please post it here.

Quote from: jadaro2600 on March 16, 2010, 06:08:42 PM
Could you post a digram of the circuit you're using currently?

That many 9v batteries must be a budget constraint.

I shall draw something up. As for the batteries, yes that number was a budget constraint until yesterday. I found a dollar store that sells two packs for $1USD.  There are lots of dollar stores around. So its not much of a budget issue anymore.  I was thinking of going with 6v lantern batteries, but that takes up so much more space. One day I still might.

Today I bought a wooden plate. It looked round when I bought it. Drilled a hole in the center, and spun it.  Nope. I will still try to use it. 

Now to look into the joule thief.

detrix42

Ok, here is a very basic schematic of how I have things wired.

jadaro2600

There is a thread area in this forum specifically for the "Joule Thief" circuit.  There are also numerous youtube videos on how to make one, and there are many variants as well.

I post this schematic to give you a basic idea.  When the commutator is not in contact, then the circuit below activates and begins boosting voltage across the Cap bridging the source on the right. this voltage can be huge relative to the source.

When the commutator is in contact and a path is formed, the voltage discharges as well as current from the regular source.  The diode keeps the built up voltage from returning to the positive terminal, and thus creates the illusion of a high voltage source which as much current as would normally flow through at normal voltage.  You may also want to use a transistor which isn't small - something which can switch fast, but sink heat if needed - pay close attention to the resistance to base when using a 9V source.

Thee circuit is called a blocking oscillator - it will only work when the commutator is not in contact ( between switching ).  This is when transformer action takes place, and the cap on the right charges to a high voltage.  You can also test the circuit in stand alone mode.

Feel free to post any question on the joule thief thread ( the main one has like 12 thousand posts, so, asking all the relevant questions in one reply may have better results.

note: the use of a 'secondary' as your source will provide you with voltage, but almost no current, the schematic below is similar to but not the same as gadgetmall's 'over-unity' circuit he posted to charge ultra-caps.  I would not reccomend attaching a secondary unless it is just one or two turns of wire attached to a LED for the purposes of determining if the circuit is on or not.

detrix42

@jadaro2600:
   I am looking into the joule-thief (jt) circuit.  I am very interested. I am going to go a little off topic, but I also looked into the earth-battery.  I just did a quick test in my back yard.  I used a sheet of copper (6 5/8" x 3 1/2") and a 1 1/4" x 4" x 1/8" aluminium.  I got up to over 1vdc. This was achieved by wiggling the aluminium strip.  But if I left it alone, it would slowly drop in voltage.  I am tearing apart an old burned up computer power supply to get a ferrite Toroid.  I will be trying with 26awg, and 30awg enameled copper wire, hook it to the earth battery.  Thanks for the new info. 

jadaro2600

Quote from: detrix42 on March 18, 2010, 06:55:25 PM
@jadaro2600:
   I am looking into the joule-thief (jt) circuit.  I am very interested. I am going to go a little off topic, but I also looked into the earth-battery.  I just did a quick test in my back yard.  I used a sheet of copper (6 5/8" x 3 1/2") and a 1 1/4" x 4" x 1/8" aluminium.  I got up to over 1vdc. This was achieved by wiggling the aluminium strip.  But if I left it alone, it would slowly drop in voltage.  I am tearing apart an old burned up computer power supply to get a ferrite Toroid.  I will be trying with 26awg, and 30awg enameled copper wire, hook it to the earth battery.  Thanks for the new info.

No problem.  The JTC circuit can use multiple sources, the 9v source is fairly cut and dry.  The earth battery may work better if you pour water on the electrodes.  The idea is basically using the alkalinity of the soil to your advantage.