Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Mass Weight Battery and good health ;-)

Started by Cherryman, April 02, 2010, 08:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cherryman

Hi All,

As pendulum/weight clocks uses the energy stored in the lifted weight. 

I was thinking if it is easy to scale it up.  It could make a easy emergency power supply.

Lets say you lift 10 tons of weight (10.000 kilo)  How many, and for what time, could you extract useful energy from its descending?   

Why bother would some say?  The energy needed for lifting is at least equal.. so why?

I think the time is the advantage here. You store "energy" and the repeatability. 

Those of you working with or around trucks will know that a truck car jack can easily lift 15000 kilo.  Those small hydraulic pots will allow a single human to easily lift 10.000 kilo (or more)  a few centimeters in a short time.

Based on that principle i think its far to say that a minimal human effort in short time can raise a 10.000  kilo weight.

Now work with all of it:

Lets say we raise that object a meter.  With a conventional hydraulic hand pump i say it would take max 10 minutes to do. 

Could that 10 minutes work be a useful energy source?  Think of the clock, the right gearing could create a huge flywheel, while descanting very slowly...   

How about that a one hour workout on your fitness gear will result in a full evening of power for your house?   ;D

IceStorm

Quote from: Cherryman on April 02, 2010, 08:01:00 AM
Hi All,

As pendulum/weight clocks uses the energy stored in the lifted weight. 

I was thinking if it is easy to scale it up.  It could make a easy emergency power supply.

Lets say you lift 10 tons of weight (10.000 kilo)  How many, and for what time, could you extract useful energy from its descending?   

Why bother would some say?  The energy needed for lifting is at least equal.. so why?

I think the time is the advantage here. You store "energy" and the repeatability. 

Those of you working with or around trucks will know that a truck car jack can easily lift 15000 kilo.  Those small hydraulic pots will allow a single human to easily lift 10.000 kilo (or more)  a few centimeters in a short time.

Based on that principle i think its far to say that a minimal human effort in short time can raise a 10.000  kilo weight.

Now work with all of it:

Lets say we raise that object a meter.  With a conventional hydraulic hand pump i say it would take max 10 minutes to do. 

Could that 10 minutes work be a useful energy source?  Think of the clock, the right gearing could create a huge flywheel, while descanting very slowly...   

How about that a one hour workout on your fitness gear will result in a full evening of power for your house?   ;D

Too much trouble IMHO . You will need in ideal condition the same ammount of power to lift your 10 Tons weight as the energy that will be released so in the end so that equals 0 power. What you say is EXACTLY as if you charge with the grid a battery bank and use that bank when you are out of electricity lol, dont you think that one will be ALOT easier ???.

why not just put some solar panel and a battery bank ??? 1 time setup

Cherryman

With a solar panel you need sun, with a weight bank you need 10 minutes of muscle power....

A solar panel is exposed, a weight can be in the cellar...

Anyway..just thinking out loud.

Cloxxki

If it's easy to store energy with a jack, it's not worth it.
If you're in need of energy, better have an indoor bike trainer redily hooked up to your house's circuits. With 20 cyclists pedaling all day long for you, you're on your way to energy independancy.

Cherryman

[ author=Cloxxki link=topic=8994.msg236001#msg236001 date=1270251611]
If it's easy to store  with a jack, it's not worth it.
If you're in need of energy, better have an indoor  trainer redily hooked up to your 's circuits. With 20 cyclists pedaling all day long for you, you're on your way to energy independancy.
[/quote]

Read the last sentence again from the opening post  ;)