Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Buoyancy+Gravity wheel

Started by stupid, May 07, 2010, 07:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stupid

This is my idea which I haven't tested yet. I have a feeling it won't work, I'm just too stupid to understand why not, maybe you can enlighten me.

The basic idea is that I am trying to make a buoyant wheel only have buoyancy on one side, thus (maybe)making it turn.

The blue disc is made out of a closed-cell foam. The black pac-man shaped object is the disc's housing. No water is allowed to enter the housing, even when the disc is spun underwater. The challenge here would be making a waterproof seal that was slippery enough so that the buoyancy could overcome the seal's grip on the disc. If this is a problem we can always make the disc bigger right? Maybe, I don't know.
Since the housing is filled with air, the right side of the disc is not affected by the water.

Thats really the best I can explain it.

Rapadura

I have another idea: Is there any object that, when is in one position, quickly sinks into water, and when is in another position floats into water surface?

What if this object naturally sinks to the bottom of a water tank, and when it reaches the bottom, its position is changed, and it starts to float, rising to the surface of the tank?

Could the energy used to change the position of the object be smaller than the energy generated by the movement of sinking and rising?

Cloxxki

I don't understand the OP's idea, but have learned that the very hardest part with buoyancy ideas is

to get the air bubble under water

Underwater is quite hostile towards inrushing air, it takes serious work to get a bubble down there.

Take a basic platic bag, watertight.
Hold it underwater at least 3 yards, no air in it. Now use a long straw to blow air under the bag. You'll notice just how much force is needed to get the air where you want it...

mscoffman

@stu  ;)

You will need to think about the following.

o...You need to find the point that is the center of gravity of the disk
o...You need to find the point that is the center of gravity of the housing
o...You need to know that the above two, exchange forces at the axle
o...You need to repeat the process above for the center of bouncy
of the device.

Currently the center of bouncy and the center of gravity are very close
to each other...but they won't be after you decide what to do next.
Currently there are no reaction forces on the cover therefore it is less
than the force of friction of the seal so it will rotate around. What will
generally happen is that the cover will rotate until the center of gravity
and the center of bouncy come into opposition at vertical alignment.
The horizontal forces will cancel each and so the disk will not spin. Then
the device will change it's height in water so that the vertical forces
are canceled out as well. This is a problem with gravity powered machines
they will rotate only until forces come into balance. One needs to change
some balance to make them work...that requires energy.

:S:MarkSCoffman

stupid

Theres probably a few things I should add: The housing is stationary and does not move. Also the disc is connected to the housing with some kind of axle.